DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kelowna bc

awsome man i am in vernon, if ur out this way look me up go for a flight, this forum is awsome, ive learned alot here and got lots of help modding my bird, i was just out in winfield taking some photos with my mav half way to kelowna

Attachments

• DJI_0114-HDR-Pano.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 29
Welcome! I’m from Kelowna but living and working in Alberta (boo-urns I know). I am very much looking forward to flying my MP in the Okanagan this summer.

Welcome Raptrguy. I'm in Chase, a couple of hours north of you. Great forum and people here, ask a question and you'll get your answer. :)

I am in Kelowna as well when not away working.
Would be great to meet and fly with other pilots.
Miner_Jeff

Im good to join you guys, feel free to give me a call or text at 250-212-2122 (kelowna)

I am available at about 4pm weekdays and all day weekends (nope, I don't have a life) ?

Anybody with a favourite spot outside of Kelowna's class D airspace? I live in the north end town and in class D.
I am not opposed to driving to the south end of town to do some flying.

awsome man i am in vernon, if ur out this way look me up go for a flight, this forum is awsome, ive learned alot here and got lots of help modding my bird, i was just out in winfield taking some photos with my mav half way to kelowna
Nice photo!!

Reactions: genesimmons
Hey guys! I don’t have a magic but I do have a spark and just found this forum while looking for info on safe places to fly in Kelowna.

Hi there @JBiccum80,

If you are looking to stay within the Transport Canada regulations, the southern end of Kelowna is not in controlled airspace. Then there is the distance to bystanders that needs to be considered as well. And no flying from city parks without a filming permit and a business license. No flying from Provincial parks without permission either...
I joined the Kelowna Ogopogo Radio Controllers club and fly from their airfield in Lake Country on Lodge road.
Welcome | The Kelowna Ogopogo Radio Controllers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 8.59.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 8.59.53 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 9.11.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 9.11.42 AM.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: JBiccum80
Hi there @JBiccum80,

If you are looking to stay within the Transport Canada regulations, the southern end of Kelowna is not in controlled airspace. Then there is the distance to bystanders that needs to be considered as well. And no flying from city parks without a filming permit and a business license. No flying from Provincial parks without permission either...
I joined the Kelowna Ogopogo Radio Controllers club and fly from their airfield in Lake Country on Lodge road.
Welcome | The Kelowna Ogopogo Radio Controllers

How did you get those map overlays?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun