DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kentucky Drone Flyers, Outings & Clubs

Deckyon

Reactions
OK, so I might as well start up a thread for those of us in and near KY.

Quick Intro: I live in Louisville, KY, and am looking for others who are flying drones (doesn't have to be the Mavic) around my area. I ride motorcycles and travel a lot on them, which is why I got the Mavic. We can even include Southern Indiana as well - they're close enough.

Please list your name/info and if you know of any clubs or organizations who meet up and fly regularly or whatever. I am just trying to get some more localized dialog started up.

OK, so I might as well start up a thread for those of us in and near KY.

Quick Intro: I live in Louisville, KY, and am looking for others who are flying drones (doesn't have to be the Mavic) around my area. I ride motorcycles and travel a lot on them, which is why I got the Mavic. We can even include Southern Indiana as well - they're close enough.

Please list your name/info and if you know of any clubs or organizations who meet up and fly regularly or whatever. I am just trying to get some more localized dialog started up.
Im in the Lexington area. Not part of any club but I am here :)

Reactions: Deckyon
Hopefully we will get a few more in the area to show up here.

In reality, I am just trying to keep busy waiting on the drone to show up.

I live in Paris near Lexington, KY as well and when I get my Mavic we should all go to Chimney Rock at Red River gorge. Half mile paved trail to awesome overlook!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm currently living in Florence, in the process of relocating to Morehead. Still waiting for my Mavic to arrive (pre-ordered two). Would definitely be up for a RRG trip with fellow pilots!

For anyone near Louisville, I am heading out today around 2PM (short notice, I know) to the U0fL Shelby Campus (Hurstbourne & Shelbyville road).

I game for going out for a group fly when it warms up... Really cold right now. I'm bald of me and cold weather are not friends.

Im in the Lexington area. Not part of any club but I am here :)
I'm in Georgetown. I'm new as well. this site is the only one that I've joined.

As a guy has been to the Red River Gorge fourty plus times in all seasons (Many moons ago) I have been salivating at the possibility of flying at the Gorge around some arches in particular. As I understand it is a National Forrest. Does anyone know for sure if it is OK to fly there?

That is what I am reading/seeing too. Your link looks like a good piece of info to print and have with you when in such places. I found this web site which identifies these areas ... I think? Are these the same as you read/understand? If not we need to identify an accurate map of similar functionality to assist in figuring out where we can fly legit (with no waivers) Wilderness.net - U.S. National Wilderness Preservation System Map

From Lexington here! I have flown in Red River Gorge a couple of times. I actually emailed the Daniel Boone National Forest when I first moved here from Florida a year or so ago about flying in Natural Bridge and The Gorge, and was basically told that as Long as I fly within FAA guidelines it was ok. Except, if I was filming for commercial use I would need a permit from the Rangers Station. Not sure if every ranger/officer will think the same way if confronted.

Hey guys. New pilot here with the Mavic Pro arriving on Wednesday. Definitely looking for some guidance here in the Lexington area as would love to learn from some of you more experienced flyers. Thanks!

Hey guys. New pilot here with the Mavic Pro arriving on Wednesday. Definitely looking for some guidance here in the Lexington area as would love to learn from some of you more experienced flyers. Thanks!

Welcome! You are going to love your Mavic Pro. I'm in the Lexington area as well. Happy to help any way that I can.

Thanks JW as really appreciate that! It should arrive late this week or early next. Can I send you my contact info? New to the forum so not share of rules.
P.S. I'll trade you some basketball tickets next season for some lessons! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest