DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kickstarter Zing drone delivery service

MavicMikeK

Reactions
Site
www.gamarc.com
Have you all seen this new kickstarter project? I myself have a 3-D printer and could make my own "basket" similar to theirs. I don't have a need or use right now to actually do any drone deliveries but I could see possible uses like for farmers, medical pill deliveries, a quick snack or drink flown out to a boat, etc. Just curious, what are everyone's thoughts on this initiative?

Attachments

• 8E6125CD-FFEC-4158-AE44-9ADFB7F6F83B.jpeg
    8E6125CD-FFEC-4158-AE44-9ADFB7F6F83B.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 68
I’d only consider with a drone that belonged to the delivery service, a company that indemnified me against any complaint with legal representation included, and had clearance through FAA for the flights/methods. They should also provide proof of clearance from localities, plus the company would have to be responsible for any adverse events with no recourse against the pilot other than dropping her/him from employment.
That’s right... risk free for drone pilots.

Nothing wrong with the idea unless it eventual curtails general drone flying. My point was that the pilot should not go at any more risk or liability than a FedEx or UPS driver.

Cant see it doing that. The FAA is on its way to enabling many more ideas like his.

He's an Approved Vendor here. I admire him. He has a banner ad on Mavicpilots.

His ID is @ianannase

Power to you!

Last edited:
There are so many things the world could focus on to make a better world.

But nope were going to focus on a Ferkin drone to deliver your pizza.
If nothing else, it's less jobs.

Im going to bean bag round the first drone i see delivering a Dominoes Pizza over my propertie.
No matter how drunk you are, theres no excuse for ordering Dominoes.
Pizza Hut I will allow

Reactions: Bigbird48
Have you all seen this new kickstarter project? I myself have a 3-D printer and could make my own "basket" similar to theirs. I don't have a need or use right now to actually do any drone deliveries but I could see possible uses like for farmers, medical pill deliveries, a quick snack or drink flown out to a boat, etc. Just curious, what are everyone's thoughts on this initiative?

I like the initiative. Yes it could use some fine tuning but it's a good concept

is it just me or does milk crate come to mind straight away.
I think it's a good design, if flying drones one way landing and returning was possible
much already which it isn't.

But cmon, who here can seriously see Drones delivering Take out and Amazon anytime soon.
It's a pipe dream. It would require Skynet levels of autonomy. The sky would be congested with buzzing drones.
Even if they somehow dont buzz, Do we suddenly not care about planes hitting drones anymore = new flight radar system
for All of America.

Asizmov's three laws of Robotics are going to come into play as young kids throw rocks at them and College kids tell the Drone
to stop hitting themselves
And if somehow they can police it so interfering with Drones is not worth the crime, then what?
They have conquered drone sky. There will be police drones, etc.

I just can't believe that Ferkin Pizza/Parcel Delivery is the real agenda in getting drones in the air with payload doing busines
/rant

But cmon, who here can seriously see Drones delivering Take out and Amazon anytime soon.

Its already being done. It's by UPS, not Amazon,. but Amazon has the experience of fast delivery, and business acumen to make it happen. For the government to start with UPS as a preferred carrier is like choosing Pony Express over a bullet train. But, thats the government for you.

UPS Drones Are Now Moving Blood Samples Over North Carolina

Its already being done. It's by UPS, not Amazon,. but Amazon has the experience of fast delivery, and business acumen to make it happen. For the government to start with UPS as a preferred carrier is like choosing Pony Express over a bullet train. But, thats the government for you.

UPS Drones Are Now Moving Blood Samples Over North Carolina

Ok, there is a good reason. The drone could crash but Blood Couriers are always in a rush, so that probably happens too.

I live in a big city, so I think that is why it all seems a bit far fetched to be implemented en masse

I think Agricultural/Surverying/Blood sample, or even blood transport, heck anything for Hospitals is great.

I just dont like the resiential being mixed with the commerical. Anyway i dont want to hack this guys thread

Reactions: Thomas B
It’s a great idea! AI will manage it so crashes will be at a minimum, and as far as losing jobs, the money, time and lives saved will over-ride the folks that need To rethink what it is that they do for a living. You can’t stop progress.

I think it would be hard to turn a profit delivering chips and soda, pizza or any takeout food for that matter. The cost would surely double.

True, it does appear cost prohibitive but under certain circumstances it might be justified paying double. Like what if your in a fishing boat in the middle of a lake or 400 feet up in a hot air balloon? And not only food & water could be delivered but emergency medical supplies like pills, bandages, insulin, etc. it's all about convenience, not cost. Who would pay $20 for Uber Eats to bring you a Happy Meal, same idea.

Reactions: LeeMc
Yep, its your money you can spend it how you like, I could see people doing it just for the novelty of it but that wont make for a successful business. Important items like you mentioned is a better bet and those areas are already being explored and will soon be common. Its only a matter of time. I did see where they are experimenting using autonomous vehicles to deliver food in small areas like a neighborhood. These seem more feasible.

89bcd906ad81b4675eea54952ec0d52969da97dbf1f376624238f3d91821da27_large.jpg

Reactions: hactick
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242