DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kittyhawk ?'s

Wilbur

Reactions
This morning was the first time using it. First thing I noticed is the C1 and C2 buttons can't be customized the way I had it configured in Go4. C1=focus and C2=Battery information. Also, I had the 5D programmed left=camera down, Right=portrait, Up=Zoom in, Down=Zoom out, Push=Intelligent flight modes. Can these settings be used in Kittyhawk?
The more concerning problem occurred before take off. I get a Strong magnetic interference at remote warning. I have flown this location 100's of times with Go4, and haven't had this warning before. Any advice, or tricks to Kittyhawk you would like to share? I like the App, but I would like to have the programmable buttons be the same as Go4, and the magnetic issue resolved. First time I have ever seen that warning.

Hi, Wilbur.

Any Go settings get carried over to Kittyhawk (as they are synced to the aircraft directly) and available during flight in Kittyhawk.

When configuring your flight in the Kittyhawk app, you can change and/or check your C1 and C2 button settings.

Hope that helps. We have a full team to support any requests or ideas that you have. Please feel free to reach out directly from the app, website, or email [email protected] any time :)

Reactions: TR Ganey
Hi, Wilbur.

Any Go settings get carried over to Kittyhawk (as they are synced to the aircraft directly) and available during flight in Kittyhawk.

When configuring your flight in the Kittyhawk app, you can change and/or check your C1 and C2 button settings.

Hope that helps. We have a full team to support any requests or ideas that you have. Please feel free to reach out directly from the app, website, or email [email protected] any time :)[/QUOTE

Am I correct in assuming that the Kittyhawk app and the attendent ability to go to LAANC for authorization within 5 miles of an airport is only for use by 107 pilots?
Thanks in advance.

Am I correct in assuming that the Kittyhawk app and the attendent ability to go to LAANC for authorization within 5 miles of an airport is only for use by 107 pilots?
Thanks in advance.

Yes. LAANC is *currently* only for commercial operations.

Not sure if I should start a new thread or not but I just started looking at the Kittyhawk app again. I tried it when it was first released, but it looks like there have been a lot of changes and upgrades. Two things bother me.

1. I dislike companies that don't make their pricing readily available. Frankly, it makes the company look shady and makes me want to avoid them. Where are the subscription options/prices? Every link I find takes me to a contact form. I just want to see the prices without having to hand over a bunch of personal information.
2. The app says we can get VFR sectionals, but I can't find them in the app. What am I missing?

LP

Hey, LP. Thanks for the questions.

Re pricing, Kittyhawk is completely free for individual use. We used to have individual plans, but now we only offer enterprise options which is a more customized pricing process based on team/fleet size, etc.

So you shouldn't need pricing info, but if you want to talk to our sales team, let us know.

Re sectionals, we are working to bring those back into the application. We had those as a standalone, and now that we've launched our own patented Dynamic Airspace platform for LAANC, etc., one of the things we're working on is bringing that back feature back. It's in the works.

Fly safe :)

Re pricing, Kittyhawk is completely free for individual use. We used to have individual plans, but now we only offer enterprise options which is a more customized pricing process based on team/fleet size, etc.

So you shouldn't need pricing info, but if you want to talk to our sales team, let us know.

Re sectionals, we are working to bring those back into the application. We had those as a standalone, and now that we've launched our own patented Dynamic Airspace platform for LAANC, etc., one of the things we're working on is bringing that back feature back. It's in the works.

AH! Ok then - I apologize for my frustration. I knew you used to charge, so that's why I was looking for them! So I completely take it back. :)

Happy to know you're working on the sectionals again.

Thanks a bunch for your help!
LP

I have been using AirMap for LAANC authorizations but I appreciate y’all’s engagement with us so I’ve downloaded the app and have it set up; hoping to fly this weekend with it. One suggestion - I can’t see, in the overview screen, the authorizations ceilings on the grids like in AirMap. As I often fly near the corners of the grid quadrants, this is helpful in flight planning. Of course, I can see the info when I go to flight planning, but it’s nice to be able to see before I get to that point.

Or maybe it’s there and I just can’t see it.

I just tried Kittyhawk for the first time and it is a bit of a head scratcher for me. First off, Dronezone shows my desired airspace (50AGL) to be LAANC eligible, airport on the list. So I tired to get authorization through KittyHawk for a shoot I was doing this evening and it said pre-check failed, something about needing to apply beyond 48 hours.

As I have some wiggle room on this aerial of a building, I decided to apply for beyond 48 hours and I got a message that popped up and said I needed to be an Enterprise subscriber before I can go beyond the 0 Class D airspace. I also tried Airmap and it said it might take 30 days...

I have found no pricing on this, not even any commentary from anyone who has it. Anyone else dealing with this and if so what are your thoughts and experiences?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo