DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Knowing which way your drone is facing from the app

john2k

Reactions
Sorry this might sound like a silly question, but is there a way to know which direction your drone is actually facing from the DJI go app? Reason I ask is although I can see my drone when I send it far out, I cannot always tell which direction it's facing to the move it or bring it home. Although just moving it around gives me an idea.

The Pointy part of the arrow shows you which direction the drone is going.

If the pointy bit is facing you then it is coming to you.

Reactions: Thomas B and john2k
You only get that arrow map bottom left in tablet mode - if you aren’t using a smart phone it’s not there

Even the distance metering info could give you a hint were you are going.

I have the Smart Controller. I can get the map or the radar, but not both at the same time. Am I doing something wrong?

W2EJ u know that u can quickly toggle back from the compass view to the mini map by tapping the tiny button in the top RHS of the compass or mini map. Pity it’s not programable on the C1 or 2 buttons.

W2EJ u know that u can quickly toggle back from the compass view to the mini map by tapping the tiny button in the top RHS of the compass or mini map. Pity it’s not programable on the C1 or 2 buttons.
Yes, I knew that. Yes, if you could assign it to the buttons it would be nice.Thanx.

Even the distance metering info could give you a hint were you are going.
If you are lost, the distance is only of minimal use.
But the radar display tells you what you need to know.
Is the drone to your left or right?
Is it coming back, going further away or somewhere else?
Look at these screenshots of the radar display.
You are standing on the H (home) facing toward the tiny white triangle ahead.
In the first shot, the drone is nearly straight in front and going further away.
In the shot below that, the drone has been turned around to point toward home.
If the flyer just pushes the right stick forward it will fly home and the distance display will confirm it's coming closer.
In the last shot, the drone is almost home and should be easily seen.

A couple of minutes playing with the radar and rotating the drone will make it all clear and you should never wonder where the drone is or which way it's pointing.
i-Bbph4MQ-L.jpg

@john2k, here are a few videos that explain how to use the attitude indicator in DJI GO:

I rely on the little indicator for constantly knowing where the drone is and which way it is pointing. I use Litchi which offers a much better view and is more intuitive. I only us the go app for special programming and updates.

MA I didn't know there was a phone mode or a tablet mode. Do I have to set this up or does it recognize I'm using a tablet.

MA I didn't know there was a phone mode or a tablet mode. Do I have to set this up or does it recognize I'm using a tablet.
There is no phone mode/tablet mode.
The app displays on whatever you plug in.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada