DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Knowledge Testing Center in Riverside, CA

feelsomoon

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to schedule an appointment with a Knowledge Testing Center in Riverside. I called three of them several times but none answered me. Did you guys take the aeronautical test before? I'm wondering if I need to go to the centers in person to make an appointment.

Besides, I'm a graduate student and we're conducting a research using drones. I think I need get a certificate waiver from FAA. Does anybody have related experiences? Is it possible to get exception permission to fly above 400 feet in the night?
cleardot.gif

You do not have to go in person to make an appointment, that much I know. I had a four hour round-trip drive to my nearest testing center. I find it hard to believe that three separate testing centers won't answer. Night waivers are 'operational' waivers (107.29) and are by far the most common requested and given; You can see them all HERE), but you might have a more difficult time with the altitude limit exception (107.51b). It would depend in large part on exactly where you intend to fly (what airspace you intend to be in), and how high above 400ft you need to be. Also keep in mind that it takes up to a few months for approval of an airspace waiver.

I agree with Scott, the testing centers generally do not prefer to take walk ins. Also be advised, you really need to have your ducks in line to get CoAs/CoWs approved. Some people go the route of hiring a lawyer. If I may be bold as to offer up the following: Drone Attorney and Legal Assistance -

This lawyer is extremely well versed with the FAA and all their requirements.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent