DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC errors out

jkabaseball

Reactions
Hello,
I am normally flying with LAANC isn't needed. My parents house is relatively close to an airport. DJI says enhanced warning zone. I normally don't have any issues but this weekend I would get some errors when I tried to get access. I tried over a few days and even some other zones around the city and always errors out. It has worked fine before. I thought at first it was an issue in their side, but thinking it's me. Anyone know how I might resolve this?

If you have done it before and know what your doing, then I would suggest it isn't you. It may be that DJI has just issued a firmware update on a couple of platforms..they only have so many servers and you might just be hitting them at a inopportune time?

Following DJI outlines for GEO a LAANC may not be required if it is truely a EWZ, then DJI states: Enhanced Warning Zones (Orange): In these zones, users will be prompted by GEO at the time of the flight to unlock the zone using the self-unlock (like Authorization Zones), only you do not have to have a DJI-verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight to do-so. You just have to confirm that you want to continue flying.

If you have done it before and know what your doing, then I would suggest it isn't you. It may be that DJI has just issued a firmware update on a couple of platforms..they only have so many servers and you might just be hitting them at a inopportune time?

Following DJI outlines for GEO a LAANC may not be required if it is truely a EWZ, then DJI states: Enhanced Warning Zones (Orange): In these zones, users will be prompted by GEO at the time of the flight to unlock the zone using the self-unlock (like Authorization Zones), only you do not have to have a DJI-verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight to do-so. You just have to confirm that you want to continue flying.
Not sure what your situation is exactly but I was also having issues with LAANC this weekend. I tried several times to get authorization in an area where I've successfully been authorized at least 100 times since LAANC first went online, and the automated text said "FAA Controlled Airspace Authorization is not available at this time. Please try again soon." First time I've ever been denied authorization. Tried it several times over the weekend and always got the same message. Not TFRs or other unusual activity or traffic in the area, and AIRMAP showed authorization was available.

thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest