DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC / Max Altitude / Takeoff Ground Elevation

Critter

Reactions
Question regarding LAANC altitude limit and launch locations for planning purposes.
Example (see graphic): Class D airspace, 200' limit AGL in this quadrant. You are launching from river's edge and requested 150' max altitude via LAANC. Fly around the river not exceeding your 150' authorization.
Next, launching several blocks inland from river, from a hill 100' higher than the river launch. Again request 150' from LAANC. Launch straight up to 150', then VLOS straight over to the river. At this point, are you 250' AGL above the river and exceeding your LAANC restrictions?
Thanks in advance, I'm usually flying over flat terrain and Class G , so normally not a problem

Attachments

• airspace.jpg
    airspace.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 16
Question regarding LAANC altitude limit and launch locations for planning purposes.
Example (see graphic): Class D airspace, 200' limit AGL in this quadrant. You are launching from river's edge and requested 150' max altitude via LAANC. Fly around the river not exceeding your 150' authorization.
Next, launching several blocks inland from river, from a hill 100' higher than the river launch. Again request 150' from LAANC. Launch straight up to 150', then VLOS straight over to the river. At this point, are you 250' AGL above the river and exceeding your LAANC restrictions?
Thanks in advance, I'm usually flying over flat terrain and Class G , so normally not a problem
You’d have to descend to 150’ AGL. Where you take off from doesn’t mean anything. I would just request 200’ and that way you have 50’ buffer.

Remember that altitudes on Authorizations are ABSOLUTE with no wiggle room or allowances for structures etc. 150'AGL means 150' directly over the exact piece of ground directly under your aircraft.... period.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada