DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC to DJI how?

Wetfun

Reactions
I just got skunked, my Mavic 2 Pro refused to start/fly in a 400' LAANC zone. How (the process steps, please) do I tell my DJI drone that I have LAANC clearance to fly?

Thats the main reason why I got NLD. That is a good way to lose business and customers....

Reactions: dbyantis
Reactions: dbyantis
I just got skunked, my Mavic 2 Pro refused to start/fly in a 400' LAANC zone. How (the process steps, please) do I tell my DJI drone that I have LAANC clearance to fly?

In regards to getting LAANC you use the app called Airmap, run the DJI GO4 app and it’ll prompt you to put in a token code.

Go app is not yet linked to LAANC.
Go app only has map based geofencing.

You’re right but if you have the authorization code there’s really not much to worry about. If you’re stopped or questioned you can present them with fine authorization and should be fine.

Pedro, I havn't downloaded the AirMap, what do you do to have GO and AirMap talk to each other ? is it automatic ??
will try and load that later today, but any help would be appreciated.
thnx

Pedro, I havn't downloaded the AirMap, what do you do to have GO and AirMap talk to each other ? is it automatic ??
will try and load that later today, but any help would be appreciated.
thnx
I have never considered your question. I ask for clearance via AirMap on my phone ( not connected to anything DJI) and leave it open In case any LEO wants to see it. I fly with my CS. It just works.

I use AirMap to get my LAANC clearance. The actual authorization is sent to my phone as a text. So once I have the authorization, I exit AirMap and fire up Go 4 or Litchi and start flying. There is no connection between the apps. Go 4 will often make me self unlock the same area I just got FAA authorization to fly in.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I use AirMap to get my LAANC clearance. The actual authorization is sent to my phone as a text. So once I have the authorization, I exit AirMap and fire up Go 4 or Litchi and start flying. There is no connection between the apps. Go 4 will often make me self unlock the same area I just got FAA authorization to fly in.
Interesting... never had that happen. I only use AirMap on my phone. Never had to do the whole DJI routine. Of course I have never asked it... I just take off and fly, most commonly from the last 100’ or so of an NFZ after I get LAANC clearance. Only problem ever was when I entered 399’ altitude once... discovered it’s a 300’ area.
I don’t get codes or anything, just the clearance and a timer for how long I submitted for...8FEA7B80-8E98-4914-8EF8-3C4484384293.png

OK, i'm new here so some slack please, but when I first powered up and connected the DJI app and the drone, it showed me unable to fly. which I assumed was a geo lock out since i'm right near the approach end of 35. I assumed there must be some way to tell the controller/app that I how had a clearance since it seemed that the "cannot fly" indication seemed self imposed. IS this where the NlD app comes into play ? Use it to get rid of the geo stops , and then just fly anywhere as long as you have a clearance. ??

OK, i'm new here so some slack please, but when I first powered up and connected the DJI app and the drone, it showed me unable to fly. which I assumed was a geo lock out since i'm right near the approach end of 35. I assumed there must be some way to tell the controller/app that I how had a clearance since it seemed that the "cannot fly" indication seemed self imposed. IS this where the NlD app comes into play ? Use it to get rid of the geo stops , and then just fly anywhere as long as you have a clearance. ??
Can’t answer the question about NLD, but if you got a popup screen with the info that you can’t take off, look for a well hidden small checkbox in the bottom half of the screen by the responsibility statement. Check it and I think you’ll be good to go.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143