DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC using Airmap and Kittyhawk - Bird wouldn't launch

Captain Zipper

Reactions
Last fall I used LAANC with Airmap app on my Samsung phone with no issues.

Today I had LAANC approval, same airport, but my DJI Mavic Pro wouldn't take off. I tried using my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and the app won't work that, so I used my Ipad Mini 4 and it still wouldn't launch. I then cancelled the flight with Airmap and started a new LAANC with Kittyhawk app. Bird still wouldn't fly. That and I don't like using Kittyhawk as the app seems to crash, it did on me twice. I'm glad the bird wasn't in the air.

Is there a better app to use or do I need to unlock my flight using the DJI app?

Thanks,

Dana

You need to do both. AirMap and Kittyhawk just do the LAANC authorization. You have to unlock anything DJI has locked via their own method.

You can hack your MP and remove the NFZ restrictions located in your AC, either pay or DIY, guides on this forum. You'll still want to get approval for safety and the DJI Go app will make it look like you can't take off but the AC will take off. Stay legal and remove the handicap.

Did something in airmap change? Or did DJI change something? As I said, last fall I was able to fly with airmap in a LAANC area.

Did something in airmap change? Or did DJI change something? As I said, last fall I was able to fly with airmap in a LAANC area.

DJI is constantly updating their FlySafe database.

We’ve had more than one member here surprised by a VIP NOTAM that blocked them from flying in ostensibly “open” airspace.

it’s going to be bumpy from here to November.

So thanks to iain I did get the download the unlock app on my drone, any idea why they only let it last 3 days as opposed to non-ending?

So thanks to iain I did get the download the unlock app on my drone, any idea why they only let it last 3 days as opposed to non-ending?

Airspace and Approvals are always changing. Always have a backup plan/aircraft just in case.

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR