DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC with a temporary Part 107 drone license

johngilkey

Reactions
Using the LAANC system requires you to input your drone license ID number. Is there a way I use the LAANC system with my temporary approval or do I need to wait the month or two until I get my permanent card?

I'm just spit balling here but have you tried putting "PENDING" into the field?

I'm just spit balling here but have you tried putting "PENDING" into the field?

Looks like you may be right. I entered one with "PENDING" for the number and got as far as the page where it said it was eligible for approval. It said it had passed all checks up to that point.

What it is asking for is the registration number of your drone, not you. Part 107 requires you pay the $5/drone and place that unique number visible on your drone. I think you should use that number.

Recreational flyers register themselves for $5 and that number covers all your toys.

What it is asking for is the registration number of your drone, not you. Part 107 requires you pay the $5/drone and place that unique number visible on your drone. I think you should use that number.

Recreational flyers register themselves for $5 and that number covers all your toys.

No I'm pretty sure it's asking for your FAA RPIC #. I've only used LAANC 1x and it did not ask for my Reg # anywhere in the process. Granted it might have changed since that time but I suspect it's asking for your RPIC#.

Using the LAANC system requires you to input your drone license ID number. Is there a way I use the LAANC system with my temporary approval or do I need to wait the month or two until I get my permanent card?
AirMap does not ask for a certificate #, although I understand at least one other one does, so you could always switch until you get the card if it's an issue.

AirMap does not ask for a certificate #, although I understand at least one other one does, so you could always switch until you get the card if it's an issue.

I was confused as well since I've always used AirMap and haven't been asked for a certificate number. I guess it's an implementation decision and not actually a LAANC requirement to ask for that data.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User