DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC

ipanda

Reactions
hello all. i've requested LANNC and i was approved by FAA but my question is in my airspace i'm still restricted to 197ft of altitude. so i'm wondering how is the requesting a LANNC would let me fly a bit higher when i'm still restricted to 197?

LAANC just gets you legal with the FAA. The drone has its own airspace limits (called DJI FlySafe) that don't always overlap with the FAA's map. You might be able to apply for a custom unlock via DJI's website, if you send in proof of your FAA authorization.

Since LAANC authorizations only last a few hours, you might be better served seeking a longer term authorization via the FAA DroneZone website, since the custom unlock process with DJI might take a while to approve.

LAANC just gets you legal with the FAA. The drone has its own airspace limits (called DJI FlySafe) that don't always overlap with the FAA's map. You might be able to apply for a custom unlock via DJI's website, if you send in proof of your FAA authorization.

Since LAANC authorizations only last a few hours, you might be better served seeking a longer term authorization via the FAA DroneZone website, since the custom unlock process with DJI might take a while to approve.

so on FAA website i would apply for a wavier?

i've did that yesterday with the kittyhawk app. i've done it for 45 mins and it's still the same. i still has the text from it.

i've did that yesterday with the kittyhawk app. i've done it for 45 mins and it's still the same. i still has the text from it.

Right, but those authorizations only last for a few hours at a time. It's very likely that by the time DJI processes your request, it will have expired. DroneZone can get your an authorization that is valid for up to 2 years, and they'll send you a PDF which you can upload to DJI.

Also, if DJI is limiting you to only 197 feet, you must be pretty close to an airport or approach/departure path.

Is LAANC really approving you to fly higher than that in your location?

Also, if DJI is limiting you to only 197 feet, you must be pretty close to an airport or approach/departure path.

Is LAANC really approving you to fly higher than that in your location?

i'm 15 mins away from PNE. i applied on kittyhawk yesterday and FAA approve me for 300FT.

Right, but those authorizations only last for a few hours at a time. It's very likely that by the time DJI processes your request, it will have expired. DroneZone can get your an authorization that is valid for up to 2 years, and they'll send you a PDF which you can upload to DJI.

so i would apply for a airspace authorization? and choose the longest time and upload it to dji for geo unlock

so i would apply for a airspace authorization? and choose the longest time and upload it to dji for geo unlock

Yes, you can ask the FAA for a long-term authorization to approve you to fly up to the facility map altitude for that airspace. Once they send you the approval, you can upload it to DJI.

Yes, you can ask the FAA for a long-term authorization to approve you to fly up to the facility map altitude for that airspace. Once they send you the approval, you can upload it to DJI.

alright. i haven't gone out far at area where it's an uncontrolled airspace. so once i'm at a uncontrolled airspace i can fly up 1000ft? or i would need LANNC as well?

alright. i haven't gone out far at area where it's an uncontrolled airspace. so once i'm at a uncontrolled airspace i can fly up 1000ft? or i would need LANNC as well?

No, you are strictly limited to 400 feet AGL outside of controlled airspace. (inside controlled airspace you are limited to the authorization height given to you, which might be 400 feet, but could be lower)

hello all. i've requested LANNC and i was approved by FAA but my question is in my airspace i'm still restricted to 197ft of altitude. so i'm wondering how is the requesting a LANNC would let me fly a bit higher when i'm still restricted to 197?
I had the same problem with the stupid 197 feet AGL but that is a DJI problem and stupid rule. I got approved just a day ago to fly in class D airspace but DJI started asking all kind of stupid questions that lasted way beyond my allotted and approved time frame to fly my mission from the FAA. It seems as though DJI has no idea what the approval process is as I sent them the authorization number provided by the FAA which they did not understand and wanted the full email, which I sent. Even after sending the approval DJI refused to activate my flight restrictions. So, I moved just outside to E airspace and launched the drone and flew into D airspace to shoot my video with no altitude restrictions. NOW HOW STUPID is that! I am not sure what DJI has to restrict any airspace when the FAA controls it? Seems like DJI has taken more than they can comprehend from China based operations. STOP the locking of altitude and if you need to, USE THE FAA LAANC approval authorization.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61