DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Laguna Beach DJI FPV Drone 12/26/2021

Paleomanjim

Reactions
Here is a fly over of Laguna Beach from Sunday, just a perfect day weather wise with tons of people enjoying the outdoors. I did not add music, just the sound of the drone after comments from folks that they like the sound of the motors. My son messaged me a couple hours after I posted this saying he hated the buzz sound of the motors and that I should add music instead. I might add music to this later and post it to see the difference. Enjoy.

What happened at :38? Sounds like it hit some sort of air pocket. I think that the video could be slightly shorter. I liked the sound and video length on the previous vid. This one seemed to drag on a bit. Seemed to go over the same area over and over where the prev vid followed the train then returned and the vid pretty much ended. The portion where you start going towards land took away from the theme - The Beach.

What drone did you us..looks ace vid..
DJI FPV Drone
What happened at :38? Sounds like it hit some sort of air pocket. I think that the video could be slightly shorter. I liked the sound and video length on the previous vid. This one seemed to drag on a bit. Seemed to go over the same area over and over where the prev vid followed the train then returned and the vid pretty much ended. The portion where you start going towards land took away from the theme - The Beach.
DJI FPV Drone, not mini 2.

At .38 it is just the sound the drone makes when it changes pitch suddenly or when the brakes are applied. As for being too long and dragging on, yeah it is not for everybody. This video was pretty much the whole flight with only 1 edit. The goal was to show a whole flight without numerous cuts and splices. I have been told by several folks on here that Drone videos should consist of 3-4 second segments of straight flights edited together into a short 1 or 2 minute video with no panning or turning shots. Anything longer will bore the viewer. Might be some truth to that. On the ohter hand watching a drone actually maneuver through the sky with banks including climbing and descending shots seems to appeal to others. I guess it is like other art forms, there are many different styles. Below is this same video but the drone audio is edited out and music added.

Reactions: Jet skier
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55