DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lake George, NY -- My two favorite shots to date!

Chexjc

Reactions
This holiday weekend was my first opportunity to fly the drone out over water (nerve-wracking) and get some awesome shots. Really pleased with the way the Mavic handled the wind and low-light later in the day. The RAW files retain more than enough information for me to get the results I'm looking for.

One thing I did notice is that the VPS seemed to do weird things over water when it got darker. The drone would randomly climb and drop a couple of feet. This was resolved by turning off VPS. I also don't know if it's normal, but my Mavic takes a good minute or so to get GPS-lock before I can take off with GPS.

IMG_3562.JPG
IMG_3563.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: htenbos and RckSti
Lovely Shots! I'll have to take a drive up there sometime... Always looking for new beauty spots in the State.

P.s. Sounds normal for it to take a minute to get GPS lock. I think mine waits for 10+ satellites before entering GPS mode

Thanks all! It's definitely a great place to fly as the backdrops are beautiful in mostly all directions.

This holiday weekend was my first opportunity to fly the drone out over water (nerve-wracking) and get some awesome shots. Really pleased with the way the Mavic handled the wind and low-light later in the day. The RAW files retain more than enough information for me to get the results I'm looking for.

One thing I did notice is that the VPS seemed to do weird things over water when it got darker. The drone would randomly climb and drop a couple of feet. This was resolved by turning off VPS. I also don't know if it's normal, but my Mavic takes a good minute or so to get GPS-lock before I can take off with GPS.

View attachment 16518
View attachment 16519

Love it. U can't wait to bring my mavic upstate. We have a house in Schroon Lake. Gonna be awesome. You should try a "tiny planet" up there

Reactions: Chexjc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme