DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Land Surveying Software

Spartan Drones

Reactions
I am looking to start land surveying, I have a Mavric 2 Pro, and i am looking for software which would be able to get me started and a minor learning curve until i am able to afford better software after gaining experience. I have IOS software, iphone, ipad, and macbook pro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please accept my gratitude in advance.

14 day trial with Drone Deploy and that give you a good idea of what is possible with your mavic 2 Pro.
This way you can determine what bell and whistles are really need for your work.

for instance Drone Deploy : if you loose the signal the drone will continue the missions where as many others will end it.. so each software has its own triggers that make it better than others.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: db4476
I am looking to start land surveying, I have a Mavric 2 Pro, and i am looking for software which would be able to get me started and a minor learning curve until i am able to afford better software after gaining experience. I have IOS software, iphone, ipad, and macbook pro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please accept my gratitude in advance.
If you’re thinking of creating boundary surveys to be filed with the city, county, state, that would be a legal document with the expected accuracy of ground based equipment. I’m not sure a Mavic 2 Pro would get you there.

For vertical control (elevations) laying out parking lots, plot plans, landscaping, sidewalks and such, the Mavic could do that with DroneDeploy and similar software. Customers like nice big high resolution maps to look at. Often aerial maps can be obtained from the city/county but they are dated. That’s where the drone comes in handy, and much cheaper than an airplane.

If I’m to fly a property for ingress/egress planning for instance, I’ll get any maps I can from the city, as it makes the flight plan quicker and easier, plus, the client can better input before flying. Do you have experience land surveying? If not, tag along with a survey crew for a few days and have some fun learning. Surveyors are a colorful lot.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
"If you’re thinking of creating boundary surveys to be filed with the city, county, state, that would be a legal document with the expected accuracy of ground based equipment. I’m not sure a Mavic 2 Pro would get you there".

It also requires testing and a Professional License with the State Board.

"For vertical control (elevations) laying out parking lots, plot plans, landscaping, sidewalks and such, the Mavic could do that with DroneDeploy and similar software".

That typically requires vertical accuracy on the approximate order of 0.02 vertical feet (a quarter inch). Can the Mavic achieve that?

If you’re thinking of creating boundary surveys to be filed with the city, county, state, that would be a legal document with the expected accuracy of ground based equipment. I’m not sure a Mavic 2 Pro would get you there.

For vertical control (elevations) laying out parking lots, plot plans, landscaping, sidewalks and such, the Mavic could do that with DroneDeploy and similar software. Customers like nice big high resolution maps to look at. Often aerial maps can be obtained from the city/county but they are dated. That’s where the drone comes in handy, and much cheaper than an airplane.

If I’m to fly a property for ingress/egress planning for instance, I’ll get any maps I can from the city, as it makes the flight plan quicker and easier, plus, the client can better input before flying. Do you have experience land surveying? If not, tag along with a survey crew for a few days and have some fun learning. Surveyors are a colorful lot.
Thank you so much for the information. I will definitely contact a couple offices to see if I can do a ride along with a survey crew.

Each state has a licensing Board which critiques the qualifications and experience of those seeking licensure prior to those individuals being allowed to take the required examination(s) required for licensure. Those who have passed the Fundamentals exam are typically known as Surveyor Interns, or Surveyors-in-Training. These individuals are not allowed to provide the services of a Professional Surveyor. Only those who have successfully completed the Fundamentals exam, served the internship required by the state in which the license is to be issued, and successfully completed that state’s Principles and Practice exam are designated as Professional Surveyors. Typically, those who are licensed in one state, and seeking to be licensed in another state will be required to take only the state-specific exam for that state.

Historically, individuals have been allowed to become licensed as a Professional Surveyor in any given state through some combination of education, experience as a surveying intern, and examinations. Due in part to the advancements in the technology and instrumentation utilized by surveyors, throughout the past few decades the educational requirement to begin the internship stage of the licensing process has increased, with many states now requiring a minimum of a four-year BS degree in a curriculum approved for licensure, while other states have implemented two-year degree requirements. In any case, though, one is required to serve in an internship position, typically four (4) years, between passing the fundamentals exam, and sitting for the Principles and Practice exam.

In consideration of the ever-increasing advancements in technology, most state licensing boards now require those who are licensed Professional Surveyors in that state to complete some specified number of credit hours in relevant subjects during the period between license renewals.

To find information about the qualifications required by the respective states for designation as a Professional Surveyor, visit the website, NCEES member licensing boards, and choose the website of the licensing board for the state about which you are seeking information.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929