Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing gear extension for Mavic Pro Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas B

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Looking to extend my landing gear 1” to 2”. I have looked at several. Would rather not wait a month for shipping. Any experience or recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Looking to extend my landing gear 1” to 2”. I have looked at several. Would rather not wait a month for shipping. Any experience or recommendations? Thanks in advance.
if you search on amazon there are many many different leg extenders for the MMP you should be able to get them stateside and not have to wait to get them from china

Reactions: Thomas B
Here are a few commonly used landing gear sets for the Mavic Pro:

PGYTECH
PGYTECH.png

PolarPro

PolarPro.jpg

You can find some other options here.

I'm not seeing how its foldable, you would need to remove to put in case

Surely you can imagine, if inches higher, it wouldn't fit back into most cases or bags.

Thanks all... I appreciate all the help and links. Folding is not an issue for me as I use a hard case x 2 when I leave home.
I ordered a set of the PGY extensions as the look solid and won’t interfere with my firehouse dual Cree lights and the mounts for those. Planning some desert night flying....Gotta be careful as this hobby can be a money pit! Thanks again to all

Looks like a great second chance mod. Thanks!

Do you notice performance decrement due to weight/wind resistance? Do the pontoon come with the mounting skids? Do you see them in photos or video?

No performance issues at all, I also went to the hobby store and got some plastic cones for a Estes Rocket and added them to the ends of the foam Pantoons which I add do come off the skids and give your drone like 5" of space from ground and land like a Helicopter. The orange pantoons are just pool noodles and they have inserts in the noodles that secure to the skids. Easy stuff. I have landed in the retention ponds, pools, lakes, they work stable no tipping. And if you fall out of the sky why over water, your device will float so no diving after.

Reactions: Thomas B
I was thinking also about some sort of leg extension. Reasons I did not:

1) The legs are the antennas too and I did not want to mess with them.
2) They not look very sexy too me having those cheap plastic thingies on there.
3) Extra weight, even when little
4) Fiddeling around putting all back in the box after flight.

So I bought a landing pad and the Mavic will always land on a smooth surface. No need for extenders.

But, a great idea to have the red swimbodies on there when flying over water. But make sure!!! they realy swim!!! There are some cheap one out there on ebay/Amazon and sellers say explicit THEY ARE NOT holding your drone over water. So pls check it before!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803