DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Gear Raisers

mrseancurran

Reactions
Any recommendation for a landing gear extender for the Mavic Air? I I know the antennas are in the landing gear so obviously mustn't interfere with those. I want to do some pebble beach take offs and landings without scraping the undercarriage of the Air.

I see Amazon is selling PGYTech but I've not had much experience with them before.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3AYcxyYhVjVD5xZCjtL1Ez

I see Amazon is selling PGYTech but I've not had much experience with them before.
PGYTECH does have landing gear for the Mavic Air. Make sure you use this one instead of the one you linked above though (since it only fits the Mavic Pro).

LandingGear.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't tried them. There appear to be no reviews on them yet either since they are so new.

I have these legs from Polar Pro and they’re really nice. Very easy to put on/take off and the fit is perfect...snug but not too tight so that I’m pushing on the arms. They are slotted perfectly on the front legs to allow the LEDs to be seen. I just got the Air as my first drone so I’ve only been flying for a few weeks now. I used the legs a few times but then “graduated” to taking off and launching from my hand if I don’t have a clean surface available to me. I’m glad I have them because I may need them somewhere someday but they’ll sit in my bag more than they’ll be on my Air. Good insurance policy to have in your bag to accommodate almost any launch situation.

DJI Mavic Air Landing Gear

I thought you couldn’t do palm takeoffs with the Mavic Air?

You can do it in a roundabout way with one hand and an elbow. Landing is a piece of cake. The Air will sense your hand and hover for a second. Just keep the stick down and it’ll drop in your hand.

Any recommendation for a landing gear extender for the Mavic Air?

I personally don't like to add any weight or setup time to my overall experience.

In my opinion you don't really need any landing gear. I found my self doing hand takeoffs and landings quite frequently and I find it to be super easy and safe. Just place MA on the palm of your hand, also there is no need to grab it during landing. All you have to do is hold stick down in landing position even if obstacle avoidance is on.

For the record I always have small landing pad with me, but so far I only used it handful of times.

I thought you couldn’t do palm takeoffs with the Mavic Air?
The DJI Spark is the only drone that has a gesture that allows the drone to automatically take off from your hand. For all other drones, you'll have to interact with DJI GO to take off from your hand.

Reactions: zwt100
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143