DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Gear

• Thread starter Nature Digital Photograph
  • Start date
I do own the one you refer to and I am happy with it. Takes away the trouble finding a smooth landing spot (especially in grassy enviroment etc.) and protects the gimbal when landing. I did not notice a remarkable effect on wind resistance nor on the battery use :).

I have one like this, it is realy usefull for landing on surface that are not totally flat & clean. But i prefere a second model that is lighter but prevent arms from bending/rotating:

does anyone have experience using this? I would like to know if it is worth buying.

i have the same it works quite well ,and does not cause any issues with how the MM flies it is very light and does not trigger the payload mode ,only issue i had, was because i have a skin on my MM it was catching the skin as it was being removed ,i got round this ,by gently filing a small amount off the lugs that clip onto the body and this has fixed the problem,if you do this mod only use a nail file and be careful not to remove to much material at once you will know when it is done ,the only other thing ,is you will need a place in your case to carry the gear, i was lucky as my hard case had a spare cutout that i was able to modify to fit it

The Mini sits very close to the ground. Even grass can cause issues. I use folding extensions and love them. They work.

I have this same landing gear and I really like it. I just got it so I've only used it on a couple of flights, but haven't seen any adverse effects. My first flight with them I was flying in 12-14mph winds and the Mini didn't have any problems.

Last edited:
I would rather find a better place to launch and hand catch. I don't think those legs would be much help in tall or even medium length grass and they are tippy if not landing on level ground.

Reactions: Dbez1
I either use the tonneau cover on my truck, a round landing pad with stakes, or my hand if I can't find a clean level space for taking off and landing.

mikeg

Reactions: Dbez1
I do own the one you refer to and I am happy with it. Takes away the trouble finding a smooth landing spot (especially in grassy enviroment etc.) and protects the gimbal when landing. I did not notice a remarkable effect on wind resistance nor on the battery use :).
I have the same with no issues.

Even with a landing pad, if the ground under it isn't flat enough, it can affect the gimbal. There's almost no clearance between gimbal and ground.

I have the Neelix that attach on the bottom. I have them on both of my minis. Easy on and easy off. Does not block vents. I add the weight to protect the cam

The MM is small enough to land on a flat hand and take off from your hand. Just be careful or you’ll get chewed up.

Reactions: Bob Suval
I use a extended landing gear for my mini drone. So far I have no problems with them
The flight time is still around 25 minutes for each flight [emoji106][emoji3]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair