DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing in sport mode uses obstacle avoidance

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Occasionally I find when Landing in sport mode my drone which is often a Mavic three will not want to land with objects around it because of the obstacle avoidance. Obstacle avoidance should be turned off when in sport mode but for whatever reason sometimes it seems to still be engaged. If I switch to normal and back to Sport quickly it will then turn off obstacle avoidance. I can’t recall if this happens with my FPV or mini three pro but I know it has happened with my Mavic three. Has anyone else experienced similar things?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That's landing protection maybe ?
It's on all the time with Fly I believe, can't be turned off like it can in Go4.
It's a little different to obstacle avoidance, but same thing really as far as the landing sensors detect unsuitable ground, or obstacles, and won't land.

Dunno about landing protection. I'll have to research that but as soon as I flip it to Normal then back to Sport it lands just fine.

Could it be that you switched the drone on with the controller already in sports mode?
For the first flight after drone-switch-on the drone may/probably defaults to N mode (or whatever the relevant name is) irrespective of the the flight-mode switch's position on the controller or in the App. If that flight-mode switch IS NOT set to N mode then the switch has to be changed to N mode and then to the desired setting in order for the desired setting to be operational.
Subsequent flights during the same drone switch on will probably carry any alternative flight mode setting over from one flight to the next.

Could it be that you switched the drone on with the controller already in sports mode?
For the first flight after drone-switch-on the drone may/probably defaults to N mode (or whatever the relevant name is) irrespective of the the flight-mode switch's position on the controller or in the App. If that flight-mode switch IS NOT set to N mode then the switch has to be changed to N mode and then to the desired setting in order for the desired setting to be operational.
Subsequent flights during the same drone switch on will probably carry any alternative flight mode setting over from one flight to the next.
That may very well be it. Thank you

Reactions: Narsh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803