DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing leg rear right

maccboy

Reactions
Hi

I'm trying to get hold of the little triangular landing 'foot' for my Mavic Air. It's the right hand side (with the drone facing forward and looking from above. Please could anyone advise me where to find one. Also, will the Air still fly ok without it?
I've attached a photo form the rear of the Air where you can see the left-hand landing gear and the right-hand side without the gear.
Thanks very much.

maccboy

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_172128922.jpg
    IMG_20200416_172128922.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 68
Hi

I'm trying to get hold of the little triangular landing 'foot' for my Mavic Air. It's the right hand side (with the drone facing forward and looking from above. Please could anyone advise me where to find one. Also, will the Air still fly ok without it?
I've attached a photo form the rear of the Air where you can see the left-hand landing gear and the right-hand side without the gear.
Thanks very much.

maccboy

You will need to replace the whole right rear arm, not just the landing foot. If you search for the following terms in Google, "Mavic Air Service Part - Rear right Arm" you can find a number of places that sell them. Good Luck!

You will need to replace the whole right rear arm, not just the landing foot. If you search for the following terms in Google, "Mavic Air Service Part - Rear right Arm" you can find a number of places that sell them. Good Luck!
Thanks for your reply. I'll have a scout and see what I can find. I was hoping someone might have a spare one from an old unit - or fancied a project on a 3D printer!!

You may be able to find the foot piece on its own or you can buy the whole rear arm and move the piece over.

I am sure the official repair-shop of this forum would have many spares from their routine arm replacement jobs.

You may be able to find the foot piece on its own or you can buy the whole rear arm and move the piece over.

I am sure the official repair-shop of this forum would have many spares from their routine arm replacement jobs.

That was what I was hoping, but it's not looking good!
I'm trying to justify buying myself a Dremel so I can fashion a stand-in foot from cork, wood, polystyrene or something else!

Hi
I've been sent a 3D printer link for both feet: Mavic air - rear feet by Bart83
If you, or someone you know, has a 3D printer, you can source your own!

Maccboy
3d print

This morning my print job completed, can't wait to fit it and try it. I printed both legs for the fun of it.....so far it feels robust, just not sure the dimensions are within tolerance.

3d print

This morning my print job completed, can't wait to fit it and try it. I printed both legs for the fun of it.....so far it feels robust, just not sure the dimensions are within tolerance.

Great news! Let me know how the fit is. I would ask you to print me a couple but I'm in England!

Heads up. There sections which don't fit and cause heavy interference if I were to force it in. Need to do some filing and cutting.

Edit. Silly me. I was attempting to stupidly attach the left foot to the right leg. After I did the correct assembly, it seems that the cad model is OK but lacks 1 hook that helps a lot. The hooks that are included do not properly snap into the leg, either due to mismatch printing accuracy or the cad was not designed properly. The remedy is to use some sticky but non permanent glue.20200428_185506.jpg

Last edited:
Heads up. There sections which don't fit and cause heavy interference if I were to force it in. Need to do some filing and cutting.
Ah. At least it's a starting point. I've ordered a Dremel-type rotary tool in an attempt to create my own - from either cork, plastic, balsa wood, or something!

Ah. At least it's a starting point. I've ordered a Dremel-type rotary tool in an attempt to create my own - from either cork, plastic, balsa wood, or something!
Um, a dremel is always an essential piece of manhood, so please do, but are you sure you can’t Buy a new rear leg for even less money? The landing leg snaps off easily. By the way The stock file is OK ish for printing, I used ABS filament but even then the small features are not robust enough. Do read my edited post above.

Um, a dremel is always an essential piece of manhood, so please do, but are you sure you can’t Buy a new rear leg for even less money? The landing leg snaps off easily. By the way The stock file is OK ish for printing, I used ABS filament but even then the small features are not robust enough. Do read my edited post above.

Ah. The edited reply makes quite a difference. Thanks. I've already ordered a rotary tool - as I have other jobs that it'll help with (plus the manhood bit!). A chap from another forum has had a go at printing a foot for me so I'll see what that's like when it arrives. He has done it for free, so that's a nice bonus. He's not convinced it's very accurate, but if it's as good as yours it'll do as a starting point.

I have received the printed foot from a bloke on another forum. It's not perfect but it fits well and does the job nicely. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_20200504_154235327.jpg
    IMG_20200504_154235327.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada