DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing MM without Props Stopping

bfindlay

Reactions
Just wondering if there is a way to land the MM without the motors stopping immediately following touchdown? Essentially asking if I can do touch and go's with it.

Just wondering if there is a way to land the MM without the motors stopping immediately following touchdown? Essentially asking if I can do touch and go's with it.

You should be able to, using the sticks only

I’m not 100% on that. Seems when it sets down they stop.
I know you can land off aways and start back up but when
you do it sets the HP at that spot.i will have to double
check that tomorrow.

Reactions: Thomas B
You should be able to, using the sticks only
Yeah I am unable to do it even with the sticks, I can understand when using the RTH function but have no luck when using the sticks.
I’m not 100% on that. Seems when it sets down they stop.
check that tomorrow.
Yeah if you don't mind letting me know I would appreciate it. I will likely fly my MM again tomorrow so ill do some digging and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks guys

I have been manually landing mine with the left stick down
and it stops before it sets down and lands and the motors stop.Im sure I’m right in my head sitting here but have
a doubt since you asked. ? I will see and might go out in front in a bit just to be sure. Now see what you’ve done.?

@dirkclod. It's been 22 minutes, still waiting...
Nope it cuts off as soon as it touch’s the ground. Tried several times and if you can keep them spinning it’s only
because you are giving it enough up stick to just about
make it take off. Let go of stick and it stops.

If you cover the bottom sensor, you will be able to "land" and then take off - Not advicing you cover the sensor but it should work.
Hadn’t thought of that. You can land alright now and restart
the motors as long as your in LOS .
Now being you came up with that you go out and try it.
Ive put my kit back up and just got a bowl of Banana pudding and going to eat it.?

Haha thanks for trying. Definitely would prefer to not cover the sensors right now. I've been babying this drone ever since I had my P3S. I was very careless with that one

Reactions: dirkclod
Haha thanks for trying. Definitely would prefer to not cover the sensors right now. I've been babying this drone ever since I had my P3S. I was very careless with that one
I will try that later just to know even though I have no need
to. I do know though when you cover them you had better
be sharp landing cause you might come down hard.
Best to try it in front of me to control the decent speed.

Reactions: Capt KO
I see what he’s doing and understand but when landing
will it after it sets down continue to spin the props like in a idle which if I understood the op wanted to know .
I will see tomorrow just to test but like he said you better
be able to fly in ATTI which I’m used to . Thing is you hit
to hard landing and you might mess up a prop.
Now to do what he wants to do it don’t matter if it stops spinning or not. It will spin up as long as he’s in LOS.
I will confirm it tomorrow if not tonite.

Couldn’t stand it. Used painters tape ,all I had handy.
It did act like it was in atti but when I started down
it still said landing but did not hesitate in doing so.
when it sat down on my driveway the props did stop.
I could do as he did and put my hand under it without
it going up so just from that I say when it sets down they stop spinning.

check that tomorrow.
I think you'll find that the HP is not reset - unless you were to turn the drone off, then back on at that landing spot???
Is that correct??

I think you'll find that the HP is not reset - unless you were to turn the drone off, then back on at that landing spot???
Is that correct??
If you land the props stop, spin em up and take back off it says HP set, check it on the map. Now I only did this a few
times last nite in my driveway and just took it up head high and moved only several feet. Am going later today set a box across my back yard..300’ and try it to see what it does but
bet it will be the same.

If you land the props stop, spin em up and take back off it says HP set, check it on the map. Now I only did this a few
times last nite in my driveway and just took it up head high and moved only several feet. Am going later today set a box across my back yard..300’ and try it to see what it does but
bet it will be the same.
Interesting - I'll have a play with that when I'm allowed out again!

Reactions: dirkclod
I was looking into remote landing on a flat spot on a nearby hill and taking of with the original RTH, but after thinking about it, don't think it's possible! Once the props stop and you initiate a new takeoff, there's a new RTH. Assuming I connected with the drone to takeoff I would need to fly home manually.

I was looking into remote landing on a flat spot on a nearby hill and taking of with the original RTH, but after thinking about it, don't think it's possible! Once the props stop and you initiate a new takeoff, there's a new RTH. Assuming I connected with the drone to takeoff I would need to fly home manually.
It’s not you are correct @Thomas B does it where he flys at if not mistaken With his M2P.

Adjusting the Landing Protection, Vision Sensors, and Precision Landing to OFF (I use Litchi) - one can Land the Mavic without the Props Stopping.
As long as the Stop in shorter than 3 or so seconds, the Props will slow, but not switch off.
DISCLAIMER: You should be Really PRECISE with a Remote controller for this. There is No Auto slowing down when landing (as You may be used to) with "Landing Protection" ON.
Its Off... and a hard down will damage your bird.
So Softly does it.
(This was done with M2Z - but MM should work the same.)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s