DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing pad issues

CommanderKJDF

Reactions
Why will my mini NOT land exactly on the 30”diameter nylon pad all the time.
when it gets low and looks like it will not come down on it I either put my hand out and catch it or maneuver it with the sticks and set it down.
any suggestions?

Reactions: old man mavic
when it gets low and looks like it will not come down on it I either put my hand out and catch it or maneuver it with the sticks and set it down.
any suggestions?
the MM has very limited sensors, and as such it does not have the precision landing feature of the bigger mavs, anything within 3 to 4 ft of the pad is pretty good and it will vary depending on how windy it is and number of sats locked

Last edited:
Reactions: CommanderKJDF
I vaguely remember seeing reports that some early versions of Mini firmware have precision landing implemented and then it was removed, likely due to marketing reasons.

any suggestions?
Maneuver it, save the stitches.

I vaguely remember seeing reports that some early versions of Mini firmware have precision landing implemented and then it was removed, likely due to marketing reasons.
More likely a false memory (or confusion with the Air 2 which does have Precision Landing).
Removing features after release isn't good marketing practice.
Version 1 of the manual has no mention of precision landing.
And if it was present and then removed, the forum would have lit up with complaints.

Last edited:
In someone's video, I seem to recall hearing that you can't be recording when you are landing if you want precision landing to work correctly. I may be confused and this may have been for a different drone - but I thought I would mention it in case that was a possible cause?

In someone's video, I seem to recall hearing that you can't be recording when you are landing if you want precision landing to work correctly. I may be confused and this may have been for a different drone - but I thought I would mention it in case that was a possible cause?
well thats certainly not true, if my experience with the MM or even my MPP is anything to go by, and as has been stated above at this time the MM does not have a precision landing feature

Thanks I will try that in my next flight tonite.

That's because your Mini uses GPS for location data and that's how precise GPS is (or isn't).
GPS will put your Mini within a couple of feet of the point but it's not as accurate as you imagine.
Thanks I will try that in my next flight tonite.
Since the Mini does not have the Precision Landing feature of its more expensive relatives, it won't make any difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ