DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landslides mapping

Aamir

Reactions
I want to generate 3D model of Landslides with elevation difference of 500m and length of 1000m.
How to manage auto flight ? I am very new to this field.
Xheersscreen_06375a62dfc9b863_1555069530000.jpeg

How to manage auto flight ?
You have to fly along the surface of the landslide at a given distance from ground (AGL). You need an autonomous app aware of of the elevation change. Now here comes the problem; As the area you want to map is not been covered by current DEM providers like Google or SRTM and so forth. (e.g. the landslide event happened 2 weeks before and satellite data ist 1 year old), you have to create the flight plan by your own to retrieve imagery suitable for you.

Depending on your or your clients needs, you might look for aircraft carrying LiDAR equipment.

I recommend to use UgCS as the flight control app.

Reactions: Aamir
DJI Ground Station Pro, draw a closed line around Your area, fly mission then Open3D Mapping tool or equivalent build 3D model of terrain. Mean precision values for a 50 m high flight are 2 cm/pixel horizontal, a little more vertical. Have a nice day

Reactions: Aamir
You have to fly along the surface of the landslide at a given distance from ground (AGL). You need an autonomous app aware of of the elevation change. Now here comes the problem; As the area you want to map is not been covered by current DEM providers like Google or SRTM and so forth. (e.g. the landslide event happened 2 weeks before and satellite data ist 1 year old), you have to create the flight plan by your own to retrieve imagery suitable for you.

Depending on your or your clients needs, you might look for aircraft carrying LiDAR equipment.

I recommend to use UgCS as the flight control app.
I think I have to do it again and again to get good results

DJI Ground Station Pro, draw a closed line around Your area, fly mission then Open3D Mapping tool or equivalent build 3D model of terrain. Mean precision values for a 50 m high flight are 2 cm/pixel horizontal, a little more vertical. Have a nice day
Thanks for valuable feedback

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU