DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lanyards

gcopter1

Reactions
Does anyone out there, makes a lanyard for either DJI Smart Controller/ RC Pro, that would achieve stability akin what a regular lanyard attachment point would?
I mean, a lanyard attached to the mid-point of an eyelet on a regular RC control would?

As it is now, a lanyard on a Smart or RC Pro controller, can only attach to, the bottom threads on these controllers.
If you were to let go, the controller, due to gravity, would flop forward, at the same time, your joysticks, would face to the front.

On a controller with an eyelet placed around mid point, if you let it hang out, it is possible to keep the controller perpendicular to your body, thus allowing you to manipulate the joysticks naturally, instead of, grabbing the controller, rotating it to a horizontal position, in order to manipulate the joysticks.

Now, I realize, due to the design of the controller, there might not be a way to do this, just wondering if, some wizard out there, with a 3D printer, can come up wit such a design.

Reactions: HH-1
Have a google for "Seacraft inspire tray". It might give you ideas for a DIY version. I had to wait a while for a sensibly price one to appear on ebay but I got one in the end for £20 or something like that.
It's for use with a Phantom 3 controller which near enough identical to the Inspire controller.

Now, I realize, due to the design of the controller, there might not be a way to do this, just wondering if, some wizard out there, with a 3D printer, can come up wit such a design.

This item looks awkward to use, but it does put the controller where you need it.

Reactions: gcopter1
This what you wanting for the smart controller. Unsure if will work on rc pro

I can tell you it doesn't work on RC Pro. I tried it and had to return it. The mounting holes on the bottom of the two remotes are different distances apart on the two controllers

I can tell you it doesn't work on RC Pro. I tried it and had to return it. The mounting holes on the bottom of the two remotes are different distances apart on the two controllers
could you drill new holes to make it work? i dont have the RC pro, but just a though for others maybe

This what you wanting for the smart controller. Unsure if will work on rc pro

[URL unfurl="tru

Does anyone out there, makes a lanyard for either DJI Smart Controller/ RC Pro, that would achieve stability akin what a regular lanyard attachment point would?
I mean, a lanyard attached to the mid-point of an eyelet on a regular RC control would?

As it is now, a lanyard on a Smart or RC Pro controller, can only attach to, the bottom threads on these controllers.
If you were to let go, the controller, due to gravity, would flop forward, at the same time, your joysticks, would face to the front.

On a controller with an eyelet placed around mid point, if you let it hang out, it is possible to keep the controller perpendicular to your body, thus allowing you to manipulate the joysticks naturally, instead of, grabbing the controller, rotating it to a horizontal position, in order to manipulate the joysticks.

Will check it out. I am frying to find #15 bolts for the bottom holes of the Smart Controller, so I can attach the ends of a nice Guitar Strap to use as the Lanyard.

I was wrong about the number 15 screws, I was thinking about the manual and in it the screw holes at the bottom of the Smart Controller are listed in POSITION #15. The correct screws for those holes are "M4, 0.7, 8 to 10mm long." I found some with thumb knobs on the top that work really well at Amazon

I thought I posted what I am using for a Lanyard in here, but do not see it. Still getting used to this board.
I got a Guitar strap, size of screws is: " M4, 0.7mm thread pitch, and 10 to 12mm Long, depending on the thickness of anything you put under the head of the screws. Also used two 1" wide washers I found in the garage. It is working,, strong and comfortable, got screws at Amazon, Strap is Ernie Ball.View attachment RC strap.JPG

With the controller hanging down and the Sticks facing front, that would make it a little awkward to reach the (back of controller) buttons, IF needed. My Guitar strap lets the controller hang down this way, and that is true of it, I need to hold the controller. Howewver it is nice in some cases to let it dangle, just be aware and do not bump anything.

I just made a lightweight lanyard bracket for the RC controller. Fashioned from a scrap piece of midweight kydex and held in place with 4mm screws. The lanyard is cordage with the buckle scrounged from an old convention badge holder.

Attachments

• 25D49C5E-B208-43EB-8EC1-EBB0C1A19450.jpeg
    25D49C5E-B208-43EB-8EC1-EBB0C1A19450.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member