DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Large Gimbal jump... Is it normal behaviour?

Chris Baish

Reactions
Hi all,

New Mavic pilot here, having just upgraded from a P3A.

Can anyone confirm if this is likely to be 'normal' gimbal behaviour in the circumstances?

On my first flight everything went well for the 16 minute flight, aside from one occasion when I'd pushed forward up to 100% and was just building speed (got to about 7.5 m/s) , added a slight yaw to the right and then got interrupted by an interested stranger. My flight log shows I let go of the forward stick instantly just after finishing the yaw. The forward input dropped immediately so effectively braked. The brake sensitivity was on the default of 130.

I saw quite a substantial jolt upwards in the footage (YouTube link below). Is this to be expected? Elsewhere in the flight I also stopped suddenly, but it didn't happen. I have no jello, no other issues, have checked the gimbal is correctly 'tucked in'. The wind speed was low at about 8-10mph.

I'd be grateful of any input from you seasoned veterans!

Last edited:
Thanks Kilrah. I didn't pull back to brake, just released, but I'm guessing the default braking sensitivity did that for me, and is a bit too strong.

It's reassuring that it isn't likely to be a fault, so I'll just have to be aware of it. I have already dialled back the brake sensitivity to 95. Does that sound like a good level to still maintain good control?

Thanks for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ