DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Las Vegas panorama from the western suburbs

tck444

Reactions
Featuring a quick trip to The Strip then panning to a view of the mountains. Perhaps this is not my greatest video ever created but I certainly had good fun on a Tuesday afternoon! The park seen here is about one mile away from my home and is basically a short walking path with a small playground. I have driven by it many times without much thought. The park is a historical marking or acknowledgment of The Old Spanish Trail which was a sort of trade route for the Southwest through the middle 1800s. The link is below if you like to read more.

I recently found the app, "B4UFly" which shows the FAA restricted areas for flying drones. Happily, this park is just outside the NFZ. The location nicely provides a convenient view of the city to the east and mountains to the west.

A few times in the past I have encountered some negative feedback when flying and one time someone even called the police but the situation was resolved without incident. So, I am somewhat sensitive to public opinion combined with the fact of being in a small park in the suburbs. To my pleasant surprise, everyone I met this day was cheerful and inquisitive and several good discussions followed. It seemed like a breath of 2019 had swept over my small corner of the world for just one afternoon!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98