DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Last picture of My Mavic Mini

USDM Rice

Reactions
As the title states, this is the last picture of my Mavic mini. A friggin goose attacked it while I was pulling off the most epic sundown-reflection b-roll shot ever, over the surface of Mammoth Lake. I was about 15ft from the surface of the water and I was so close to recovering it but the props touched the water and it was game over. Lost my new ND Filter too, it was well worth the money btw (skyreat set on amazon) I had a 128gb cats filled with great memories from a road trip that I hadn’t offloaded yet. I’m a videographer, I knew better, that’s on me. Then after I talked to the park police they told me I wasn’t allowed to dive in to get it ? they also told me This is goose egg hatching season and they are extremely territorial. The week before this I had just bought a new gimbal and put it on. B29520B3-0113-4B87-A79F-80FA7499FB77.jpeg
Will be looking for used Mavic pro/mini in future.
#BanAllGeese

ps: I went to the dark side and got into fpv, what an amazing hobby

My rec is in future to use 32-64 gb cards and change after each flight when you change batteries. This will save most of your imaging in a worst case scenario as you experienced.

Reactions: USDM Rice
no low-res footage of the attack?

As the title states, this is the last picture of my Mavic mini. A friggin goose attacked it while I was pulling off the most epic sundown-reflection b-roll shot ever, over the surface of Mammoth Lake. I was about 15ft from the surface of the water and I was so close to recovering it but the props touched the water and it was game over. Lost my new ND Filter too, it was well worth the money btw (skyreat set on amazon) I had a 128gb cats filled with great memories from a road trip that I hadn’t offloaded yet. I’m a videographer, I knew better, that’s on me. Then after I talked to the park police they told me I wasn’t allowed to dive in to get it ? they also told me This is goose egg hatching season and they are extremely territorial. The week before this I had just bought a new gimbal and put it on. View attachment 98438
Will be looking for used Mavic pro/mini in future.
#BanAllGeese

ps: I went to the dark side and got into fpv, what an amazing hobby
Should change title to, "My Mavic got cooked, not goose."

• Haha
Reactions: Clipper707
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member