DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lateral movement sensitivity

Beej75

Reactions
Hi guys, Just bought the 2S. Have adjusted all the settings to enable smooth gimbal control but seems I can't adjust the actual left to right moment to make it smoother. The settings seem to be all about the gimbal (including yaw) not the actual drone. Changing to cine mode doesn't help. Any ideas?

Hi guys, Just bought the 2S. Have adjusted all the settings to enable smooth gimbal control but seems I can't adjust the actual left to right moment to make it smoother. The settings seem to be all about the gimbal (including yaw) not the actual drone. Changing to cine mode doesn't help. Any ideas?
This is for a MA2, but it should be the same for the 2S. You should see four settings for each mode - Cine, Normal, and Sport. Below the two for the gimbal are two for yaw (left stick, mode 2).

1627567843905.png

Reactions: tlswift58
the Yaw setting is for the drone. It can cut the yaw speed down markedly but it's still necessary to use slow stick movements for video. Panning shot's are really not very often used to good effect in my opinion.

Bee755, I have the same concern. There's no way to adjust the maximum flight speed of the drone itself - left/right and forward/aft. Cine mode max speed at 5 m/s is too fast for many video subjects and flying t a constant speed below the max requires more dexterity on the right stick than I can consistently manage.

I'd like to see a setting in the Control menu to adjust the maximum speed in Cine mode. In the mean time, does anyone have any suggested work-arounds? Has anyone tried the replacement control sticks with the silicone dampers?

by yaw I'm assuming you mean lateral movement about the center of gravity and not just lateral movement.
the Yaw setting is for the drone.
Slowing down the stick movement takes practice and muscle memory. High speed dips and dives etc. does nothing for the flying skill required for video or anything else for that matter.

This is for a MA2, but it should be the same for the 2S. You should see four settings for each mode - Cine, Normal, and Sport. Below the two for the gimbal are two for yaw (left stick, mode 2).

View attachment 132530
Thanks for your reply mate but I'm talking about the 'roll' axis (left to right). Yaw is when the aircraft pivots on its centre axis without moving left to right.

Bee755, I have the same concern. There's no way to adjust the maximum flight speed of the drone itself - left/right and forward/aft. Cine mode max speed at 5 m/s is too fast for many video subjects and flying t a constant speed below the max requires more dexterity on the right stick than I can consistently manage.

I'd like to see a setting in the Control menu to adjust the maximum speed in Cine mode. In the mean time, does anyone have any suggested work-arounds? Has anyone tried the replacement control sticks with the silicone dampers?
Yes it's a pretty major oversight. Even in cine mode it jerks left to right. I've been flying a Mavic Air 1 for a few years so I guess it's something I'll have to get used to.

by yaw I'm assuming you mean lateral movement about the center of gravity and not just lateral movement.

Slowing down the stick movement takes practice and muscle memory. High speed dips and dives etc. does nothing for the flying skill required for video or anything else for that matter.

Practice does help, but it's still difficult to maintain a constant speed under many conditions, like following the drone though the woods up a hill or alongside a stream and ducking under tree branches while trying to hold a constant pressure on the right stick.

If you have updated past 02.04.2080 this might not work. Go into your settings and look for the section to allow you to see the software mode section. If you cannot find it ask one of the moderators they should be able to help.
Follow this link below.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/slowing-down-cine-mode-on-the-air-2s-5-mph.115526/

Apparently I don't have permission to view that link?
You have to activate that feature in your profile.

Click your Account icon at the top of the page, click Account Details, then check-mark the box that starts with "I'd like access to the software mods forum".

Good luck

You can slightly change the roll behavior by switching the obstacle avoidance mode from Bypass to Brake and vice versa.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark