DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest Firmware Latest iOS Go 4 app notification

bassnbeau

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Brand new old fart here, is there a place in here or the web where I can look at the latest number of Firmware and App updates. Before I bought my MP, I watched many hours of MP videos and most of them all said to keep up with the Firmware and App updates. Does the Firmware and or App get updated same time every month? Just would like to see something on the main page of this great forum where they list what version is the latest.

where I can look at the latest number of Firmware and App updates
For App just check the Google Play or Itunes store. For latest firmware check DJI.com.
However, your Mavic (the app actually) should tell you when a new firmware is available the moment it's out on the web.

Does the Firmware and or App get updated same time every month?
nope, there's no schedule at all for updates, they happen when they happen, which can be any moment on any day.
Just would like to see something on the main page of this great forum where they list what version is the lates
Again, the Go app checks for available updates every time you start it up. But by all means, check the DJI site: Mavic Air - downloads whenever you want. Many people wait a couple of weeks to see if there are flaws in a software update before updating. I advise you to do the same. Don't just update because there's an update. Unless you have problems with your current firmware.

Reactions: bassnbeau
For App just check the Google Play or Itunes store. For latest firmware check DJI.com.
However, your Mavic (the app actually) should tell you when a new firmware is available the moment it's out on the web.

nope, there's no schedule at all for updates, they happen when they happen, which can be any moment on any day.

Again, the Go app checks for available updates every time you start it up. But by all means, check the DJI site: Mavic Air - downloads whenever you want. Many people wait a couple of weeks to see if there are flaws in a software update before updating. I advise you to do the same. Don't just update because there's an update. Unless you have problems with your current firmware.
Forget what I said about the DJI website. I just checked it and couldn't find any mention of firmware updates in the download section. Sorry, the firmware check/update can only be done through the app or DJI Assistant. I was thinking about my Inspire1 updates, mavics is entirely different.

Just would like to see something on the main page of this great forum where they list what version is the latest.
The firmware release notes will show you which version is the latest and list the major changes for each release. You can find that document on the Mavic downloads page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair