DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest from DJI- M3 slow-flying capability and more

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
Many here will know that I have been a very big critic of the Mavic 3 from when I first received it late last year. But slowly we have been getting wins from support/engineering
and lately they have been very responsive to issues we have raised. I feel now the M3 is getting very close to the aircraft/camera system it was supposed to be, and that is a great system!

One of the things Pros have been concerned about from Day 1 has been the ability to control the M3 at VERY low speed like the Mavic 2. Shots like going up and around the bark of a tree or tracking a lizard over the ground (whatever!) The good news is not only are they onto it but they have acknowledged that it cannot currently fly as slow as the M2P, so it wasn't our collective imagination! Additionally they are looking at issues on some macs (like mine....) that have random difficulties in playing certain files via Quicktime and not displaying a clip thumbnail. So the wheels are turning, and here is their detailed response:

"A. In regard to the optimization of the drone speed in Cine mode, I am glad to tell you that I have got the latest confirmation from our senior level. Apart from adding the EXP settings on Cine mode which we have done, we have planned to make the Speed Adjustment Function just like the Mavic 2 series did, to be available on Mavic 3.

Because if we want to fundamentally optimize the speed in Cine mode, adding EXP adjustment is only one aspect. In the long run, we will need to add the speed adjustment function. For instance, just like if we would like to optimize the performance of the car in a certain drive mode, we will need to not only optimize the logic of the gearbox(just like EXP Settings), but most importantly, we also need to optimize the ECU accordingly, and the combination is the complete optimization solution.

However, compared with the EXP adjustment function, the realization of the speed adjustment function does require a longer period, but our concerned team will do our best to speed up the progress. For now, you can adjust the EXP under Cine to 0.1, and then use the stick volume of about 50%, and the speed at this time is the slowest speed that can ensure stability.

B. In regard to the issue that .mov and .mp4 files can not be played on the Apple Quicktime player, we are sorry to say that this issue was due to the current version of Quicktime and our team will also feedback this issue to Apple as well. Hopefully we can solve this issue as soon as possible."

Good info, I really like and often use “Tripod” mode on my M2P for both motion and still work, I would miss it on the 3.

And I am especially happy to read about the file read in QuickTime issues, the same thing happens with motion content from the Mini 3 Pro. It reads fine in Final Cut and Premiere but can freak some clients out if they just want to view the uncut clips on their Mac.

Reactions: christangey
Good info, I really like and often use “Tripod” mode on my M2P for both motion and still work, I would miss it on the 3.

And I am especially happy to read about the file read in QuickTime issues, the same thing happens with motion content from the Mini 3 Pro. It reads fine in Final Cut and Premiere but can freak some clients out if they just want to view the uncut clips on their Mac.
Interesting to hear about the quicktime issues, I figured it couldn't just be my problem if it happens on both my mac desktops! Another Apple bugbear I have is that they stopped the trim functionality on HLG files a while back which meant I couldn't downsize the files before I downloaded only what I needed off the card/drive. Have found a workaround with that now by using Davinci resolve and using the media management function.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme