DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest Mavic 2 Firmware and DJI Goggles RE

Probst

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure if any other Mavic 2 owners were still having connectivity issues when using their DJI Goggles or not, but I have read many a post in the past.

After the installation of the new firmware today (which allows for dual remotes to be connected concurrently), well it looks like my previous connectivity issue has disappeared. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

The latest firmware version is v01.00.04.00

Probst

???
I was wondering if the dual change will fix this problem since for once, they had to deal with "who is in charge" versus fighting over it.
When I started using the SC with the Goggles, that problem already had disappeared. Now it is gone for good! Great - now we can focus on other things to improve (or add).

Reactions: Probst
I think I was one of the unlucky ones who could never get it to work correctly. I'm using the standard controller with my iPhone and the signal would connect/disconnect beginning at about 100 feet or so. I did not perform any extensive testing and I relegated the use of the Goggles to the MA for a couple of months. After the update today I thought I would give it a go again and was stoked to see it working flawlessly! But perhaps this was fixed before and I never realized it? Ah well, this is really nice now with the M2, looks amazing. Love the head tracking with just the gimbal. Very cool!

After a good long while of contemplating how exactly the goggles connect to the drone and if commands from the goggles to directly to the drone or through the remote it dawned on me when people were having this issue that the goggles are in-fact just a slave remote. It’s the most logical way to set up the goggles so it made sense rather than making a whole new protocol to use an existing one and the goggles fuction like a slave remote too. Control the gimbal and can be overridden with the master remote just like in a typical master slave set up. And now we know why they weren’t working with the Mavic 2s!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22