DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest US Department of Defense statement on DJI equipment

Should be titled all Chinese off the shelf drones regardless of manufacture. And now add Drones using Chinese parts as well...pretty much limits the field right there huh? Our Government at work in it's finest. When I worked for Gneneral Dynamics they had no problem putting Chinese parts in the B2 Bomber..The whole thing is just politicial posturing and nonsense IMHO.

This one breaks it down further and shows there is flaws in the system: Military spending shows drone parts are still made in China, despite bans

Last edited:
I agree - Not very much stuff is truly "American-made" anymore. They should label products "Assembled in the U.S.A." but that may or may not be true either.

In fact they are attempting to control purchases depending on whether there are foreign components. We have to submit a justification to purchase any drone that uses Chinese components. "Made in the USA" FTC designations, such as on the Autel Evo II dual, don't cut it, at least with DOE and DOD, because it's mostly Chinese parts.

I agree - Not very much stuff is truly "American-made" anymore. They should label products "Assembled in the U.S.A." but that may or may not be true either.
I agree with all above ..but how many times have you heard it..."I only buy American"

Reactions: Stuguitar
But DOD can acquire them, they’re except from the law. Not very logical.

I have two dji drones and they do alot of work for me stuff i couldn,t get done if there were five of me also a union carpenter and buying american should always be first and foremost any time a person shops but it is hard for anyone to do that if you really need to pinch pennies most of us have to do are best with what WE CAN AFFORD BUT I STILL CAN KEEP WATCHIN FOR THE GOOD OLE USA STICKER

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy