DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Launching from a state/county Hwy in a National Monument area

Chip D

Reactions
Just wondering if you can pull off the road in a National Monument area, and launch your drone from the middle/side of the road legally? I'm not talking about a National Park, but a monument that may have a state/county highway going through it. Just wondering. It might make it a little easier in some instances.

National Monuments are administered by NPS, and so the same rules apply. You cannot launch from within its boundaries.
Well I knew there had to be a catch. Thanks. Will just move outside the boundary.

Well specifically one of the places I want to fly - legally - is in the area of Promontory Point Utah. Not at the actual monument, but about 1-2 miles before you get there is a place called the Big Fill and then going across the road to an area where the Union Pacific and Central Pacific had built parallel lines. I've done a drone flight there before, but I launched well outside of the National Monument area. There is a pull off place on the road that I wanted to well pull off and then launch the drone. But I guess I can't do that so will have to go back down the road a bit.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots