DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lcd banding issues?

EnricoBrun

Reactions
hi guys, I immediately noticed in my new Osmo Action a very well known problem in the usually large LCDs, the ugly Banding with high backlight and dark environment, is this normal? thank you

Attachments

• 8C63B47A-AADF-4753-9303-FA0FF7CE11A3.jpeg
    8C63B47A-AADF-4753-9303-FA0FF7CE11A3.jpeg
    999.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 91F71053-5F59-4DE6-9B3B-9D121D5C80DC.jpeg
    91F71053-5F59-4DE6-9B3B-9D121D5C80DC.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 16
You might see that with aperture closed because the AGC (automatic gain control) may be on trying to increase the gain, introducing noise/slight banding.. Should be fine with a well exposed image.

thanks for the answer, but here is a classic lcd problem, I have the hand that cover the lens just to show the non-homogeneous backlight of the lcd, I just want to understand if your example suffers or mine is an isolated case . Thank you

kindly someone can help me to know if even your device at these lines or not !? Thank youThumbswayup

I have a black lens cap on and I see a pretty uniform dark gray purple looking screen. I think what matters is how it looks when showing a real image or when playing back video or a photo.

I have a black lens cap on and I see a pretty uniform dark gray purple looking screen. I think what matters is how it looks when showing a real image or when playing back video or a photo.
would you be so kind as to post a photo? thank you very much

Well, at magnification I do see stripes. I also see a reflection of my77030 cell phone's camera lens. I really don't notice in real life.

Well, at magnification I do see stripes. I also see a reflection of myView attachment 77030 cell phone's camera lens. I really don't notice in real life.
in the meantime I thank you so much for the time you dedicated to me, thank you, I see that your suffers (banding Lcd), i thought I was unique! I realized because I love to take night photos and timelapse and I immediately saw this defect! those who take pictures in broad daylight will never notice! It would be nice to know if someone else can put a picture so we know it's a common feature of all! thank you so much

..any other kind user can tell me how is his Osmo Action?
Thx

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54