DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaked DJI Mavic 3 specs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
More fun speculation..... A few things look less than likely unless there will be a massive sensor single camera version as well:

1: 5.7K camera. Would DJI really let Autel reign as the king with its 6K claims? We all know the 6K Evo 2 isn't really 6K but DJI will likely match or exceed that spec.

2: Fixed Aperture. Unlikely as the Mavic 3 will be used by Professionals as well as hobbyists.

3. Terrible design for changing filters. It would likely require a special filter set that covered both cameras.

4. 1TB of internal storage makes very little sense. Most pro purchasers would prefer removable media for their work. Some internal storage is necessary but this spec is beyond what is needed, even with the bigger file sizes.

Last edited:
Why would they remove sideways looking sensors?
I think the implication is that they are putting front and rear sensors toward the corners of the Mavic 3 and making them wide angle so that they can cover the sides. My Skydio 2 does this using fisheye type sensors which see 200 degrees.

Wondering if the smart controller that we currently have will work with a mavic 3
I would highly doubt it but if the "leak" is true then you should have some hope.... if the Mavic 3 uses the same controller as the Air 2 / 2S then there is a decent chance.

My thought is that it will come with a new controller which has another scroll wheel and a couple more buttons than the Air 2 / 2S remote has and that they will bump the needed specs past what the original smart controller can handle. It is to DJI's advantage to force the need for a new smart controller on those that have the old one.

The new smart controller will also have a larger and brighter screen to compete with the one Autel released recently.

I would highly doubt it but if the "leak" is true then you should have some hope.... if the Mavic 3 uses the same controller as the Air 2 / 2S then there is a decent chance.

My thought is that it will come with a new controller which has another scroll wheel and a couple more buttons than the Air 2 / 2S remote has and that they will bump the needed specs past what the original smart controller can handle. It is to DJI's advantage to force the need for a new smart controller on those that have the old one.

The new smart controller will also have a larger and brighter screen to compete with the one Autel released recently.
Correction they announced one, they haven't released anything that I have seen :p Given their promises of years past reputation and the last Smart Controller lack of availability...I wouldn't hink DJI has much to worry about with sales from Autel at this point...if ever...IMHO ;)

Correction they announced one, they haven't released anything that I have seen :p Given their promises of years past reputation and the last Smart Controller lack of availability...I wouldn't hink DJI has much to worry about with sales from Autel at this point...if ever...IMHO ;)
Not true.... Autel has shipped 500 units of the new smart controller and are about to ship the second wave of them. The second batch was delayed as Autel shifted to a new batch of chips that adds the 5.8ghz frequency to the EVO 2 and the smart controller.

The old chips came from a company on the US's restricted entity list and was keeping Autel from being considered for US government purchase. DJI may long be the best drone company out there but has a much longer road to get off of this list.

Autel is slowly taking some of DJI's marketshare. You can be sure that the Mavic 3 and the new DJI smart controller will have a feature set that keeps DJI on top.

Reactions: Andrewzc
Wondering if the smart controller that we currently have will work with a mavic 3
I hope so having spent all that money on buy one, DJI would be quite rightly accused of ripping their customers off. It would certainly be a mistake on DJI’s behalf to exclude current Smart Control owners.

I hope so having spent all that money on buy one, DJI would be quite rightly accused of ripping their customers off. It would certainly be a mistake on DJI’s behalf to exclude current Smart Control owners.
It's very common to "force upgrades" for UAS companies on their components. It's not a rip off because the "current" controller does everyone it's advertised to do. Yes it would "sting" to all the current SC owners but at the same time technology changes and no component is ever "forever" forward compatible.

Well I’m definitely the one that’s going to feel sting having so much money invested in the Mavic two pro I just ordered two new batteries from Amazon after 270+ charges my batteries are swelling and I just want to mention to everyone especially as unprofessional flyers just to do it for a hobby I recently flew my Mavic one and I was so surprised how great the photos looked I sent a couple to my neighbor of his land he has ponds I’ll attach a picture here from the Mavic one so long story short it’s really just a waste of money to keep upgrading and less you have deep pockets

Attachments

• F6069E19-96AF-480A-9FA9-C3EFD09FFA14.jpeg
    F6069E19-96AF-480A-9FA9-C3EFD09FFA14.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • 31F50F1D-73A5-4944-9789-C695AEF272BD.jpeg
    31F50F1D-73A5-4944-9789-C695AEF272BD.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 71
  • 04A20815-7DD8-4FFD-9381-CC289CAA632F.jpeg
    04A20815-7DD8-4FFD-9381-CC289CAA632F.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
  • DFF51532-92EA-4D68-8940-9587A92A110A.jpeg
    DFF51532-92EA-4D68-8940-9587A92A110A.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
Thanks for sharing everyone. Looking forward to reading more about the new “3”!

More fun speculation..... A few things look less than likely unless there will be a massive sensor single camera version as well:

1: 5.7K camera, would DJI really let Autel reign as the king with its 6K claims. We all know the 6K Evo 2 isn't really 6K but DJI will likely match or exceed that spec.

2: Fixed Aperture. Unlikely as the Mavic 3 will be used by Professionals as well as hobbyists.

3. Terrible design for changing filters. It would likely require a special filter set that covered both cameras.

4. 1TB of internal storage makes very little sense. Most pro purchasers would prefer removable media for their work. Some internal storage is necessary but this spec is beyond what is needed, even with the bigger file sizes.
I agree with all of the points you mentioned! I thought to myself to why the heck would they put a 1 TB internal storage when it’s so much more beneficial to have removable media cards?

Reactions: Gary R
I’m intrigued to see its official specs at time of release, as well as to understand the decision process behind its features & target audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e