DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lean, Mean, Visibility Machine

Chaosrider

Reactions
I want to load up Phoenix, my registered Mini-2, with strobes, to do some visibility testing. I currently have a basic Arc (not Arc V), strobe on the butt, and it works fine.

What I'm thinking of doing is putting red lights on both left legs, and green lights on both right legs. The ones on the front legs will face forward, and the ones on the rear legs will face backward.

Has anybody tried this?

Any suggestions for how to mount strobes on Mini-2 legs?

When I added the rear facing strobe on the back of the battery cover, I saw no performance difference. I'm assuming that if I put one on each leg, good balance will be maintained, and if climb and flight time, suffer a bit, that's OK. The 3M double sided tape has worked flawlessly for the rear strobes, but I don't know if there's enough surface area for that to work on leg strobes.

Thoughts?

Thx!

TCS

I want to load up Phoenix, my registered Mini-2, with strobes, to do some visibility testing. I currently have a basic Arc (not Arc V), strobe on the butt, and it works fine.

What I'm thinking of doing is putting red lights on both left legs, and green lights on both right legs. The ones on the front legs will face forward, and the ones on the rear legs will face backward.

Has anybody tried this?

Any suggestions for how to mount strobes on Mini-2 legs?

When I added the rear facing strobe on the back of the battery cover, I saw no performance difference. I'm assuming that if I put one on each leg, good balance will be maintained, and if climb and flight time, suffer a bit, that's OK. The 3M double sided tape has worked flawlessly for the rear strobes, but I don't know if there's enough surface area for that to work on leg strobes.

Thoughts?

Thx!

TCS
Will they clear the ground when taking off or landing? If so, some folks fly with several strobes for better LOS viewing.

Added weight may take it above the 250g threshold, so be aware of that - kind of like if you put the prop guard on. Different rules then apply.

Will they clear the ground when taking off or landing? If so, some folks fly with several strobes for better LOS viewing.

Added weight may take it above the 250g threshold, so be aware of that - kind of like if you put the prop guard on. Different rules then apply.
Oh, that will definitely pop it well over 250 grams. That's why I'm going to use the one that's registered 107.

I'll make sure I find a way to attach them so that they clear the ground.

Thx!

TCS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE