DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learned Something New Today & Question.

Ohio Snake

Reactions
I noticed when taking a picture the red lights on the craft flicker once indicating the command was received and the picture taken.

Learn something new all the time.

I have the original DJI controller, but I honestly don’t use it since I use the DJI smart controller. Any reason to retain it the DJI controller or sell it?

I noticed when taking a picture the red lights on the craft flicker once indicating the command was received and the picture taken.

Or it could mean "now sending image to NSA for analysis".

(I make'a joke)

I have the original DJI controller, but I honestly don’t use it since I use the DJI smart controller. Any reason to retain it the DJI controller or sell it?
IF it were me, I would keep it as a backup. The SC is more sophisticated, meaning it's more likely to have an issue down the road.

I have the same and keep the original controller as a spare, just in case the SC were to fail. That way I could still keep flying while I have it repaired. The other thing to remember is the resale value. If you sell the drone and include the original controller, you can take your SC with you to your new drone purchase, assuming the new one will be compatible with the SC too.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
I have the same and keep the original controller as a spare, just in case the SC were to fail. That way I could still keep flying while I have it repaired. The other thing to remember is the resale value. If you sell the drone and include the original controller, you can take your SC with you to your new drone purchase, assuming the new one will be compatible with the SC too.

Good idea!

You can use your RC as a student controller or a friend to fly with, where you are the teacher with SC and have full control over the flight.

Redundancy is the name of the game. The day will come and you will be looking for a backup

I bought a M2 with SC bundle and never had the factory remote. I personally want the factory remote as I have a ipad Pro that I flew DJI with previously. The larger screen albeit much dimmer is really nice to have. My biggest reason for wanting the factory remote iPad set up is for Litchi and DJI GSPro (not avaialble for Android). I read reports both good and bad about using Litchi with the SC and as such I would rather use the licensed version already on my iPad.

Purchased SC with Mavic 2 and love it for bright screen (no need for sunshade) and fast startup.

One concern is, will DJI make Mavic 3 compatible or require a new expensive controller?

Reactions: TTP
I bought a M2 with SC bundle and never had the factory remote. I personally want the factory remote as I have a ipad Pro that I flew DJI with previously. The larger screen albeit much dimmer is really nice to have. My biggest reason for wanting the factory remote iPad set up is for Litchi and DJI GSPro (not avaialble for Android). I read reports both good and bad about using Litchi with the SC and as such I would rather use the licensed version already on my iPad.
If you want a bigger screen, then why not look into purchasing a Feelworld 729S 7 inch screen, which is under $250 and is a mind blowing 2,200 Nits of brightness, far more than your Smart Controller and way beyond an iPad, any iPad. Not as big as an iPad screen but I think you would be happy with the brightness and it connects to your SC with the HDMI port.

I use my Feelworld to display only what the camera sees and the SC for all the numbers pertaining to the flight.

If you want a bigger screen, then why not look into purchasing a Feelworld 729S 7 inch screen, which is under $250 and is a mind blowing 2,200 Nits of brightness, far more than your Smart Controller and way beyond an iPad, any iPad. Not as big as an iPad screen but I think you would be happy with the brightness and it connects to your SC with the HDMI port.

I use my Feelworld to display only what the camera sees and the SC for all the numbers pertaining to the flight.
Already considered that option my brother....but you missed the other stuff...Litchi and GSPro...and that option does nothing for me ;) I don't need a bigger screen to see as the SC screen is fine. But a bigger touch Screen is extremely helpful when assigning missions and once again a "monitor" does do nothing for me in that respect. But Yeah I looked at them but I have ZEISS Cinemizers if I want a nice view of what I am doing as far as view while flying and framing. :)

One concern is, will DJI make Mavic 3 compatible or require a new expensive controller?
And that is a question no one can answer, nor can anyone say there even will be a Mavic 3 at this point. But if they did make one I am quite sure it will come with a controller...so won't require a "New expensive controller"...that is a option choice for the buyer as it has always been just like owning a SC now;) This isn't a cheap hobby if you want the good stuff you pay for it. :) I have over $3000 invested in a P3P that is 4 years old and my first DJI. Working on matching that amount with my new M2Z....You can't take it with you, blow it while here!!!

Reactions: VanP
I have not read that the lights will flicker as in receiving or executing a command but I do know that when you take a picture the red lights will go off and come back on if you set it up that way or is already your default setting so the red lights do not effect the picture.

WDK

I have not read that the lights will flicker as in receiving or executing a command but I do know that when you take a picture the red lights will go off and come back on if you set it up that way or is already your default setting so the red lights do not effect the picture.

WDK

That’s what the lights do. It must be default. I just noticed it.

That’s what the lights do. It must be default. I just noticed it.
Turning off the red lights | DJI FORUM
Dec 4, 2017 · 9 posts · 8 authors
The option to turn on or off the 2 face forward red led is still present, you can find it under the Remote Controller Settings / Button Customization / C1 or C2. You can even decide in the camera setting if the led should stay on or off during high time exposure photos simply check in the camera setting.

WDK

Learn something new all the time.

Definitely keep the old one for a back up when I got my smart controller it ended up going back twice to get the board replaced they are great but they are sophisticated and can require maintenance

And that is a question no one can answer, nor can anyone say there even will be a Mavic 3 at this point. But if they did make one I am quite sure it will come with a controller...so won't require a "New expensive controller"...that is a option choice for the buyer as it has always been just like owning a SC now;) This isn't a cheap hobby if you want the good stuff you pay for it. :) I have over $3000 invested in a P3P that is 4 years old and my first DJI. Working on matching that amount with my new M2Z....You can't take it with you, blow it while here!!!
$3000 in accessories for the P3P? What in the world did you buy for it to cost that much?

I’m guessing it is upgradable with new products. I think DJI added two crafts after the SC came out.
Only because DJI so far stayed with Occusync 2. P3 had Lightbridge, then came Occusync 1, now 2. The three are not compatible with each other.
Oh and don't forget Enhanced WiFi used by Air 1 and Mini 1.

So if DJI comes up with Occusync 3 for the M3/P5, previous controller based accessories won't work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent