DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learning the ropes with the Mavic 2 pro

shadower360

Reactions
Hello,
Recently bought a Mavic 2 pro fly more package for $700.00 (A steal) from a guy that just upgraded his business with a MA3. He was using it for Survey work and said it worked extremely well and really never needed all the enterprise upgrades. I have been doing some small level Real estate drone work (I have my 107) and I use my Canon 6D for interior stuff . Agents these days don't really require what the drone is capable of as people just buy off the internet without ever making it thru the front door. My question is this......

What can I move to to really stretch the legs of this beast? I have a Mavic air 1 and Mavic 2 pro. I also have a full time job with the Air Force so this is just more of a supplemental/ hobby to keep me sane and learning a new skill. I would really like to work more out in the country, but I'm also not so Bougie that I cant do a wedding. Any thoughts, comments, complaints and fist fight threats are welcomed!

Hello,
Recently bought a Mavic 2 pro fly more package for $700.00 (A steal) from a guy that just upgraded his business with a MA3. He was using it for Survey work and said it worked extremely well and really never needed all the enterprise upgrades. I have been doing some small level Real estate drone work (I have my 107) and I use my Canon 6D for interior stuff . Agents these days don't really require what the drone is capable of as people just buy off the internet without ever making it thru the front door. My question is this......

What can I move to to really stretch the legs of this beast? I have a Mavic air 1 and Mavic 2 pro. I also have a full time job with the Air Force so this is just more of a supplemental/ hobby to keep me sane and learning a new skill. I would really like to work more out in the country, but I'm also not so Bougie that I cant do a wedding. Any thoughts, comments, complaints and fist fight threats are welcomed!
I'm simply curious as to what a MA3 is...

Reactions: TTP
You meant the Mavic 3 : Not the MA3
You should learn some software , such as Drone Deploy , Drone Link , and learn some Mapping skills.
Wedding are tricky. Lots to learn on what not to DO ! stay away until you get a better feel for things .
There is another forum for Commercial work, that will have some ideas to inspire you with the M2 P .

Gear to fly your Mavic 2 Pro in the Rain, Land on the Water .
Phantomrain.org

My question is this......

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. Could you please rephrase your question?

Hello,

That is a steal. I would say they are worth about $1000 right now since I am considering selling mine to put towards the M3.

Not really sure what you mean about stretching the legs of the beast though.

You have the right tools. Just research to find what you're comfortable photographing. You can also use the Mavic 2 Pro for outside, eye level real estate photos. That may save some time in the future.
All the best of luck to you!

Hello,

Might I just exclaim on the purchase of the kit and kaboodle Mav package for 700$???? Wooooooooooooooooo. Thank you. Godspeed, Droniac.

Might I just exclaim on the purchase of the kit and kaboodle Mav package for 700$???? Wooooooooooooooooo. Thank you. Godspeed, Droniac.
I know....it was one of those purchases that was a ask for forgiveness purchases with the wife! it was just too good to let go

I know....it was one of those purchases that was a ask for forgiveness purchases with the wife! it was just too good to let go

It is always easier to gain forgiveness than it is to obtain permission!

If you are doing any video work, did you realise that the M2PRO also has a zoom function within the camera? It only works in video mode, not photographic.
Swap to video recording, go into the camera settings menu and in the 'video format' column, there are TWO 4k options. The top one, 4kHQ gives similar quality output, but the lens ratio increases from 28mm (35mm equivalent) to about 54mm. It is very useful for doing the likes of tower or roof survey work as you can get a closer view without risking the tips of your props! From the same position in the air, swap back out to the other 4k video setting and shoot the wider scene. Having the two capture opportunities makes it a very versatile drone.

Reactions: Pilot Adam
Hello,

Keep you sane?You fly drones.There is no hope😅

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000