DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learning to fly DJI's Mavic Pro... Is it REALLY that easy!?

JoeCec

Reactions
So easy a 9 year old can do it!

Last edited:
Reactions: AlwaysAWOL
A new flier is a new flier no matter the age and as long as they're willing to listen to instruction they'll do fine. :)

A new flier is a new flier no matter the age and as long as they're willing to listen to instruction they'll do fine. :)

My first instruction to anyone trying the Mavic is to 'Let go of the sticks if you're not sure what it's doing'. Got to love that it just stops and hovers while you sort things out!

My first instruction to anyone trying the Mavic is to 'Let go of the sticks if you're not sure what it's doing'. Got to love that it just stops and hovers while you sort things out!
That is the same thing I tell people too. It makes no sense flying it into the ground when all you have to do is get those thumbs off the sticks!

I had never flown a drone or any other kind of r/c aircraft prior to getting my Mavic, and I was amazed at just how easy it is to fly.

Reactions: JoeCec
I had never flown a drone or any other kind of r/c aircraft prior to getting my Mavic, and I was amazed at just how easy it is to fly.
Awesome! How long have you had the Mavic?

I've had it a couple months. First couple "flights" were just lifting off indoors, moving back and forth a few feet, then landing again. Then I tried it outdoors in our yard, again in Beginner mode. That was even easier.

Ever since, I've been using the regular "GPS", Tracking, or Cinematic modes.

I've had it a couple months. First couple "flights" were just lifting off indoors, moving back and forth a few feet, then landing again. Then I tried it outdoors in our yard, again in Beginner mode. That was even easier.

Ever since, I've been using the regular "GPS", Tracking, or Cinematic modes.
That's, awesome keep at it! I've had mine for a few months too and have flown RC helis for a while so the learning curve wasn't as steep. I'm still learning though :)

If you really want to learn to fly buy yourself a WLtoys Q333B, it has no GPS, no altitude hold or anything else, if it is airborne it is because you are making it do it. That is what I learned to fly on and I don't even consider "steering" the mavic to be flying it. I love it, don't get me wrong, but if I want to hotrod around the sky I get the Q333 out. The Q333 is less than 100 bucks and looks like a baby Inspire 1 (transforms and everything), range is only about 300 ft though and don't even try to use the camera on it.

If you really want to learn to fly buy yourself a WLtoys Q333B, it has no GPS, no altitude hold or anything else, if it is airborne it is because you are making it do it. That is what I learned to fly on and I don't even consider "steering" the mavic to be flying it. I love it, don't get me wrong, but if I want to hotrod around the sky I get the Q333 out. The Q333 is less than 100 bucks and looks like a baby Inspire 1 (transforms and everything), range is only about 300 ft though and don't even try to use the camera on it.
If you want to learn to fly, buy a RC helicopter like an Align or something of the sort :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR