DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LED Beacon on Battery

Snowstorm

Reactions
Instead of having the led beacon as a modular accessory, DJI should build the beacon into the battery. This way, operators would have the option to use another accessory, and it would also make the beacon compatible with all DJI Mavic 2. We cannot turn the beacon off and on in flight as there may not be a data connection, but that is not a big deal at all. One can even have 2 beacons, one for each side of the aircraft to increase visibility from below.

Seems like a good idea- I also wondered how hard it would be to modifying my drone landing lights or built in strobes to let them power a white CREE strobe with the flight battery...

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I would love to get a battery with built in strobes. Top and/or sides. I think it would be easy to make for DJI at least.

Reactions: MikeyMikeOZ
Instead of having the led beacon as a modular accessory, DJI should build the beacon into the battery. This way, operators would have the option to use another accessory, and it would also make the beacon compatible with all DJI Mavic 2. We cannot turn the beacon off and on in flight as there may not be a data connection, but that is not a big deal at all. One can even have 2 beacons, one for each side of the aircraft to increase visibility from below.

If DJI can make heated batteries, it seems to me that batteries with built in strobes would be very easy. I would buy several.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929