DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LEDs for Mini ???

eastvanman

Reactions
I'm having a really hard time seeing the Mini is strong sunlight/bright blue sky, my guess due to its grey colour. Against a dark background it is ok. Any suggestions for LEDs ?

I'd suggest looking at the Firehouse Technology DUAL WHITE STROBE LIGHT as one of the options. Very lightweight, bright, good battery life.

Reactions: Thomas B
I purchased a set of strobe mounts from here strobe mounts
Went with two front foot and two rear arm. The mounts arrived last Thursday.

Purchased the LEDS directly from Firehouse Tech. Went with dual strobe. Red and Green for front, white for rear. Strobes arrived last Friday.

Reactions: LibbyLA
My green one isn't charging but Firehouse has been very responsive and is sending a replacement. I got the same strobe mounts you did. The Firehouse support person asked about them when I mentioned them. I like not having something stuck in the MM, easy enough to remove the mounts for storing the MM and charging the strobes.

Just remember that if the led's increase the weight to over 250 grams you now have a drone that has to be registered. The weight I found on the lightest one's is 4 grams.

Just remember that if the led's increase the weight to over 250 grams you now have a drone that has to be registered. The weight I found on the lightest one's is 4 grams.
I registered mine before I ever flew it because I knew I'd be using prop cages outdoors. That 249 g thing was a gimmick for me. Mine is labelled with the number and my contact info.

I use the Firehouse LED's on both my MA and MM.
Get the smallest one they make (one "very" bright white LED) for your MM. They are USB rechargeable. Small velcro footprint on the battery door (rear) and you can see it for orientation.

My green one isn't charging but Firehouse has been very responsive and is sending a replacement. I got the same strobe mounts you did. The Firehouse support person asked about them when I mentioned them. I like not having something stuck in the MM, easy enough to remove the mounts for storing the MM and charging the strobes.

I really like the strobe mounts, especially the front leg mounts.

I use the Firehouse LED's on both my MA and MM.
Get the smallest one they make (one "very" bright white LED) for your MM. They are USB rechargeable. Small velcro footprint on the battery door (rear) and you can see it for orientation.

I got the duals based on recommendations here. Maybe I should have looked at singles but I didn’t. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Currently I'm using these mavic strobe lights with my Mini. They are self-powered and weights only 14 grams. The light can be attached easily using a velcro pad. Ulanzi DR-01 has 3 colors (red, green and white) and 3 flashing modes. Frankly they are ok, but not perfect. For better visibility you need smaller lights installed on rear (battery door) or belly.Ulanzi_DR-01_drone_attachment.jpg
Ulanzi_DR-01_on_Mavic_Mini.jpg
Ulanzi_DR-01_on_Mavic_Mini_3.jpg
Ulanzi_DR-01_test_red.jpg

Last edited:
How is your visibility... would think pointing it upward would be a poor voice for that purpose.

This was the same concern I had when mounting on my other drones. I ended up mounting them to the tail of my Mavic Pro and legs of my Anafi so they are always visible as they are flying away from you. If you lose sight of them in another orientation you turn the bird and the strobe comes into view.

Reactions: Mrveronn
This was the same concern I had when mounting on my other drones. I ended up mounting them to the tail of my Mavic Pro and legs of my Anafi so they are always visible as they are flying away from you. If you lose sight of them in another orientation you turn the bird and the strobe comes into view.
I do the same thing with my M2P... a whit on each rear leg and a red and a green on the 2 front legs so that I can get orientation and still maintain VLOS.

Same here. On the rear. If I lose LOS; stop, rotate, orient and heart rate lowers :)

I do the same thing with my M2P... a whit on each rear leg and a red and a green on the 2 front legs so that I can get orientation and still maintain VLOS.
Would you please post a picture of the LED'S installed? I have an M2P and am considering installing LED'S on my AC.

Would you please post a picture of the LED'S installed? I have an M2P and am considering installing LED'S on my AC.

I have the LUME Cube installed on the rear (don't have a photograph but the photo below shows the approximate location). The velco that comes with the LUME Cube gets attached to the MP and when I'm ready to fly I press on the Cube. It's very secure and I've never hand any issues with flight handling.

MP LED.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus