DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Left and Right Not Working After Update

Ars3nal3432

Reactions
Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've been able to get out and fly. I updated the firmware yesterday and flew today, however, I noticed that I couldn't fly left or right. Everything else worked fine. I have my control set up as custom and it worked before the update. Next time out I will fly with the standard controls to make sure there isn't something wrong with the aircraft.

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've been able to get out and fly. I updated the firmware yesterday and flew today, however, I noticed that I couldn't fly left or right. Everything else worked fine. I have my control set up as custom and it worked before the update. Next time out I will fly with the standard controls to make sure there isn't something wrong with the aircraft.
Are you aware that the new firmware added an option to disable left and right movement??
You must have accidentally activated that option. There is a small icon on the left of the device screen (just above the launch icon) that does that. You can also activate it from inside settings under the "safety" tab. There are several youtube videos that show how to access this.

Are you aware that the new firmware added an option to disable left and right movement??
You must have accidentally activated that option. There is a small icon on the left of the device screen (just above the launch icon) that does that. You can also activate it from inside settings under the "safety" tab. There are several youtube videos that show how to access this.

Makes perfect sense, I remember tapping on that icon before takeoff, I thought I turned it off, but I guess I didnt.

Reactions: russellg
Makes perfect sense, I remember tapping on that icon before takeoff, I thought I turned it off, but I guess I didnt.
I had the same problem the past couple of days. I thought was something was wrong so I reinstalled the Fly app and firmware update. Didn't work. Then I thought about the obstacle avoidance update, go in and see left-right is disabled.
So not only is the left-right function disabled in obstacle avoidance, but also in regular flight modes.

Reactions: Ars3nal3432
I had the same problem the past couple of days. I thought was something was wrong so I reinstalled the Fly app and firmware update. Didn't work. Then I thought about the obstacle avoidance update, go in and see left-right is disabled.
So not only is the left-right function disabled in obstacle avoidance, but also in regular flight modes.

There's an icon on the left side of the screen that disables left and right. "Click" it until it starts working and then be careful not to hit it by accident.

Do you do things "by accident" or "on accident?"

Reactions: GARhythm
There's an icon on the left side of the screen that disables left and right. "Click" it until it starts working and then be careful not to hit it by accident.

Do you do things "by accident" or "on accident?"
by accident would be correct. You reminded me of what I did to cause the problem. I normally preflight check the safety settings, RTH height, etc. Including the obstacle avoidance. I remember now hitting the avoidance icon on the screen instead of the takeoff icon. I took a couple of stabs at it and obviously didn't do a proper reset.

I use the dji 4.0 app and these settings are not available. Is this from the litchi app? Thank you

Im not sure but the only app that supports the mavic pro 2 is the dji go 4.0. And i still can't find the solution as to why it wont let me go left and right...
not clear what drone you are using, this is Mavic Air 2 thread and it uses DJI Fly app. If you got a Mavic Pro 2, might be an idea to ask your question in the relevant thread. If you’ve got an MA2, the answer to your question is further up this thread. Go to 7min 30 sec into this video:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore