DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Left Stick is Sticky

Claydough

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Just picked up a Mavic Pro from the Apple Store yesterday (they got 1) and was setting everything up and noticed that the left stick was not auto centering every time. I thought this was related to the calibration issues I saw on the forums before, but that was software and this is a hardware issue.

The left stick seems much "stiffer" than the right. When I push it a little to the right it sticks in place. Here is a video demonstrating it:

I guess this one is going back!

--Claydough

Hi claydough,

Not the way you would want to see it, but have you wiggled the stick around for a while to loosen it up before going into a return ordeal.
Could be it needs some wear.

Hi Crusader...ya, I really whipped it around quite a bit to see if it would loosen up a bit, but no go. I'll try it a bit more, but short of taking this thing apart (which I won't do) to see what is hindering it, I'm not sure what to do.

Claydough, I understand not taking it apart...but if it were me, I would have to at least take a peek inside to ensure no extraneous washer, or screw, or wiring bundle was binding up the works. ;)

Reactions: mstampfli
Claydough, I understand not taking it apart...but if it were me, I would have to at least take a peek inside to ensure no extraneous washer, or screw, or wiring bundle was binding up the works. ;)
I only see 2 screws and the case didn't budge once those were out. Any advice on disassembly?

I only see 2 screws and the case didn't budge once those were out. Any advice on disassembly?

Yes DO NOT DO IT ...

I know this is painful but contact dji and return it for a new replacement . ...

I would manipulate the sticks as much as I could without taking it apart.

Did you try pressing INWARD and pulling OUTWARD pretty hard while going through the range of motion? That might free it up. If not definitely get a replacement. Sucks but you don't want the stick doing that inadvertently.

Well, I took it back to the Apple Store for a refund since I have another on order which I should get next week (plan was to sell it) and they got 1 more in stock today. So I swapped it out and this one is perfect. You could tell a big difference in the two controllers side by side.

Well, I took it back to the Apple Store for a refund since I have another on order which I should get next week (plan was to sell it) and they got 1 more in stock today. So I swapped it out and this one is perfect. You could tell a big difference in the two controllers side by side.
Excellent news.....

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

First flight today. My left stick is also sticking in the far right position. I moved it all around to see if it would free up. That did not seem to matter. I sprayed a tiny bit of silicon lube onto the ball, that did not seem to matter. I got some mild cleaner to remove the overspray, and wiped it down and magically it seems to have started working/returning on its own. I would have preferred to use graphite, but did not have any on hand.

I have my MP since December and no issues. But recently the Right stick is sometimes stuck out of centre. Of course this mean no hovering but slowly drifting. I tried to clean it and even recalibrate it. But no difference .it is really annoying, especially when I have to fly in very narrow space for work. Is any body know an easy way to fix it? Thanks.

You guys can use this for vid for future reference in regards to the RC disassembly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom