DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Left stick turning quickness & mavic drift ?

PalmettoAerial

Reactions
So ... two very basic questions.

1. I have researched this and watched a number of videos. After I tweaked my controller settings and they are smoother ... except for the left stick turning "velocity". It's still very quick to the point where it's jerky.

I have noticed that after my second round of tweaks that my ascend / descend seems to be slower ... did I mistakenly tweak that instead of the turning (on the axis) control?

I have watched videos on yaw and gain control and tweaked the graph curves. Any other advice on this?

2. The last two flights I have noticed the mavic will drift while idling. Last week I tried to send it low down some train tracks and when I was setting the shot up with the drone in the air it was listing right ever so slightly, but constantly ....

Any advice here?

So ... two very basic questions.

1. I have researched this and watched a number of videos. After I tweaked my controller settings and they are smoother ... except for the left stick turning "velocity". It's still very quick to the point where it's jerky.

I have noticed that after my second round of tweaks that my ascend / descend seems to be slower ... did I mistakenly tweak that instead of the turning (on the axis) control?

I have watched videos on yaw and gain control and tweaked the graph curves. Any other advice on this?

2. The last two flights I have noticed the mavic will drift while idling. Last week I tried to send it low down some train tracks and when I was setting the shot up with the drone in the air it was listing right ever so slightly, but constantly ....

Any advice here?

Did you try to recalibrate your sticks

Did you try to recalibrate your sticks

I have done two separate rounds of tweaking in terms of the settings associated with the video quality and two rounds of the stick settings. But as far as a true recalibration, no. Is that what you would recommend?

I have done two separate rounds of tweaking in terms of the settings associated with the video quality and two rounds of the stick settings. But as far as a true recalibration, no. Is that what you would recommend?

Hi. I've noticed mine drifting too. I found that there was compass error. I restarted the whole works and then let it just run on the ground a little longer before taking off. Seems to fix it.

I'm getting very frustrated with my mavic.

Appreciate the help but it seems the more I try and tweak the controls the worse things get.

preformed two recalibrations of the sticks and now my left stick forward (up) is cutting in and out.

The drone hovered at about 20 feet off the ground at launch and I would have the left stick wide open expecting a maximum climb rate and it would just sit there. Then it would jump up 20 feet. Then sit there. Then do the same. All other directions seem to be OK.

I don't know the correct term but the "turning radius" using the left stick is still way too fast. I have tweaked this probably 4 times now. If i hover the drone in place and "spin left or right" it will cut a 360 like that.... isn't it supposed to turn sluggishly once the settings have been. Tweaked to a "cinematic" format ???

Hi. I've noticed mine drifting too. I found that there was compass error. I restarted the whole works and then let it just run on the ground a little longer before taking off. Seems to fix it.

Thx sniper. I did a third recal of the stick and another compass recal and then it worked great. No trouble ascending

The turning ratio is still tight tho

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54