DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leg extensions.....

Peregrine

Reactions
How many of you fly with leg extensions? Is there any noticeable effect on performance, i.e. manoeuvrability , speed and battery duration? I've just bought a little landing pad, so am hoping not to need any extenders, but may change my mind further on down the road.

Reactions: Former Member
I don't think I ever flew mine without them, but they're so light I wouldn't expect any measurable impact - people fly with extra batteries for example which weight a few hundred grams without reporting major issues

I fly with the extensions (Polar Pro ones where the rear extensions attach to the rear arms) and there's no noticeable change in performance, control or issues with landing. I don't use them every flight, only when the ground warrants it.

Landing leg extensions create no significant additional drag, so flight performance is really not affected unless maybe you are in sport mode doing 50mph, best to take them off before trying to break the sound barrier.

The upsides are getting your Mavic off the ground a little bit more thus giving the gimbal a little more breathing room in case of a hard landing. They also raise the belly of the Mavic off the ground to give the belly exhaust better air flow. They also protect the 2 rubber feet of the Mavic which are hard to find aftermarket and not available OEM.

The downside is having to remove them if you are using the OEM box to tote your Mavic around. But they come off in a snap, and can you can stick them where the micro usb wires are in the case.

I sell them $14.99 shipped USA Paypal. I currently sell 2 colors, standard Mavic gray and golden colored, if you have a different color skin to match it.

Leg extensions.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the effects would be fairly negligible. Nice for you guys to confirm it. They look nice, Thunder. I'm UK based though, so shall source some locally grown :)

Ok good luck. And make sure they are firmly in place during preflight before you take off. If one should fall off during flight, you might need to hand catch it when it comes back because it wont be level.

I got little scratches on both legs of my mavic using those extensions. Just be very careful on putting and removing it. Now I use pads for landing so to avoid further scratches.

One other benefit of them, if you get the style that I have (grey, two fronts that push on and a rear that clips to the back eyelets on the underside) is that the front ones are far away from the compasses and GPS and are a cheap part, so they are a suitable place to drill and attach for example GPS trackers with cable ties or similar.

I always use them, plus when you have uneven ground which is more often than not it can save the drone.

If you have a 3D printer there are many different leg configurations
on Thingiverse to download and print for free.

I have found most of them raise the Mavic up to high for my liking
so I modified a set and made them shorter and as light as possible.

I have also found that some legs in the rear that extend straight down will
interfere with the bottom sensors with precision landing.

I have been using these for several months landing in grass and sand
and they work great with no noticeable flight characteristic loss.

2017-05-01 07.30.55.jpg 2017-05-01 07.38.04.jpg

I got little scratches on both legs of my mavic using those extensions. Just be very careful on putting and removing it. Now I use pads for landing so to avoid further scratches.

I have also a small scratch on the right leg. Can you recommend a pad that is fit in the dji Mavic case?

Landing leg extensions create no significant additional drag, so flight performance is really not affected unless maybe you are in sport mode doing 50mph, best to take them off before trying to break the sound barrier.

The upsides are getting your Mavic off the ground a little bit more thus giving the gimbal a little more breathing room in case of a hard landing. They also raise the belly of the Mavic off the ground to give the belly exhaust better air flow. They also protect the 2 rubber feet of the Mavic which are hard to find aftermarket and not available OEM.

The downside is having to remove them if you are using the OEM box to tote your Mavic around. But they come off in a snap, and can you can stick them where the micro usb wires are in the case.

I sell them $14.99 shipped USA Paypal. I currently sell 2 colors, standard Mavic gray and golden colored, if you have a different color skin to match it.

View attachment 11946

Also, the legs are great for adding lights without 'sticking' something to your Mavic.

I attach my Firehouse ARC II led to my battery’s with Velcro. Let’s me see the Air no matter the position ,but the legs are a tad short. Rigged up some cork legs temporarily. Looking at real leg extensions now.

I bought a belly application. The legs snap out and support the whole drone. They fold together flat for storage.The whole thing snaps to the bottom firmly and have not had any problems. Got it on Amazon

I bought a belly application. The legs snap out and support the whole drone. They fold together flat for storage.The whole thing snaps to the bottom firmly and have not had any problems. Got it on Amazon
Picture?

Anyone use the Arzoic Leg Extensions for the MA?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User