DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legal flying

VegasDisplays

Reactions
This should probably be in the rules and regulations area, but I'm curious what the law is in the US. I'm filming a large body of water but there are a bunch of nice houses along it that I can't help but get them in the picture. Making sure nobody is out and I'm about 350' up. Is this ok?

This should probably be in the rules and regulations area, but I'm curious what the law is in the US. I'm filming a large body of water but there are a bunch of nice houses along it that I can't help but get them in the picture. Making sure nobody is out and I'm about 350' up. Is this ok?

Of course. What are you concerned about? Privacy issues? Filming rights? (Neither are relevant here).

If you're flying as a hobbyist, you can find a complete list of rules here.

The US Supreme Court ruled, decades ago, that you own your air space as high up as is “reasonable for the use of the property, however, the public airspace begins at 500 feet. You cannot claim ownership above that height in any case”. In most cases, this means you own the air space up to the top of your tallest tree

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
My tallest tree is currently lying flat across my garden having been taken down by Hurricane Ophelia

Reactions: chuck5330
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark