DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Legal footage from large fire here in Denver

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
After chasing some illegal drone operators over the last 36 hours, I was finally able to get up to the Marshall Fire area outside Boulder, CO and get some legal footage. The FAA replaced the more restrictive TFR with one that is only active from 9:00AM to 4:00PM daily. So there is a window in the morning and the evening for some decent footage.

I was able to show the cops on the roadblocks that I had permission to be there, so I was able to fly for a few minutes today before the sun went down.

Wow, some major damage to that sub division there hopefully none of the 3 that are missing are from that area. I have a cousin who lives around there, thankfully he is ok.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Wow, some major damage to that sub division there hopefully none of the 3 that are missing are from that area. I have a cousin who lives around there, thankfully he is ok.
One of them showed up. It was a paperwork issue. Thank God.

Last edited:
Incredible footage and thanks for doing it legally. My sister lives in Bowling Green, KY where the recent tornadoes hit. Fortunately, she experienced only minor damage to her house and car. My point is wildfires seem to be like tornadoes. It was weird to see a row of houses completely burned to their foundations while houses across the street seemed untouched.

Incredible footage and thanks for doing it legally. My sister lives in Bowling Green, KY where the recent tornadoes hit. Fortunately, she experienced only minor damage to her house and car. My point is wildfires seem to be like tornadoes. It was weird to see a row of houses completely burned to their foundations while houses across the street seemed untouched.
It's very random.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! My heart goes out to the ones who lost everything.

That is heart-wrenching to see - I can not image what those families are going through. Hopefully, they can rebuild, but the scar of this will be with them for some time.

At least wildfire gives you more time to evacuate. Tornadoes are worst in my opinion without minimizing the tragedy that the wildfire causes.

Sadly this is happening everywhere in the world. Canada has had it share of heart breaks also over the last couple of years. Not something you want to see.

After chasing some illegal drone operators over the last 36 hours, I was finally able to get up to the Marshall Fire area outside Boulder, CO and get some legal footage. The FAA replaced the more restrictive TFR with one that is only active from 9:00AM to 4:00PM daily. So there is a window in the morning and the evening for some decent footage.

I was able to show the cops on the roadblocks that I had permission to be there, so I was able to fly for a few minutes today before the sun went down.

Those fires were so devastating! I was down there working that fire when everything was blowing up. With the winds there wasn’t anything we could do but watch. We felt so helpless. Great video showing the impacts the fire had on so many people.

Those fires were so devastating! I was down there working that fire when everything was blowing up. With the winds there wasn’t anything we could do but watch. We felt so helpless. Great video showing the impacts the fire had on so many people.
Thank you for your service!!!!

At least wildfire gives you more time to evacuate. Tornadoes are worst in my opinion without minimizing the tragedy that the wildfire causes.
We have tornadoes here in Colorado too. And you're correct, evacuation is tough, at best.

But with the 100MPH+ winds, this fire spread so rapidly that many only had minutes to evacuate. And even more had no opportunity to go save things. If they were are work when then fire started, then there was nothing they could do. The fire destroyed entire neighborhoods in minutes. Ad @RkyMtnHigh said above, there was virtually nothing the fire crews could do, and it's a miracle they saved the homes the did.

Wow this is one of those videos that drives the emotional roller coaster for me. Love the video itself but my heart sinks for the folks that lost so much. Thanks for sharing, I’m quite grateful I haven’t had to experience loss like that.

Reactions: Vic Moss
By illegal, were they flying during full TFR, or during the 9-4 adjusted TFR? I saw some shots taken the next day, obviously under full TFR.

By illegal, were they flying during full TFR, or during the 9-4 adjusted TFR? I saw some shots taken the next day, obviously under full TFR.
Some flew during the TFR. We could fly after the second TFR was lifted.

Bloody heart breaking, watched it on the news here in Oz. Couldn’t believe how quick it went through the area. Condolences to all.
Regards

I’ve only just see this, Oh man that’s so sad for all the peoples belongings that was lost my heart & thoughts go out to them all, thank you for sharing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929