DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

length of time for clearance

Big Papa John

Reactions
What is the max length of time for flight clearance that you can request?. meaning, My Grandson races go-carts, and the track is on the edge of a airport zone so i have to request to fly there, during the race, he will have practice sessions-heat races-main race, spread out over the day with the other classes that are there.

So can I request 5 - 6 hrs of clearance or do I request clearance each time he's on the track and if so how many times can that be done during the day at the same location?

not a 107 pilot, rec only, and no I do not fly directly over the track or people, and max altitude is 100'

Thanks for any info on this

You can request a full day if you want, so I imagine 5-6hrs should not be a problem

Using AirMap , i see "duration" has a MAX of 12 hours to select....

Last edited:
db4476, JamOne,

Thanks for the replies!, looks like I'll be doing that the next race, Thanks again
Have you checked the maximum altitude allowed around that airport (see sample grid pasted below for DXR)? If not you can look up your airport at: ArcGIS Web Application

The reason I ask is if the maximum AGL is labeled as zero feet you can only get authorization if you are Part 107 certified. Can't get it if you are recreational only. This will apply to Class B, C, and D airports. Class E has several categories with different restrictions.

1632696755158.png

Reactions: aneal321
Using AirMap , i see "duration" has a MAX of 12 hours to select....
Is Airmap back on the list of LAANC providers? I thought they were no longer providers as of sometime in late August.

Reactions: db4476
Is Airmap back on the list of LAANC providers? I thought they were no longer providers as of sometime in late August.
I believe that Airmap is still not LAANC approved, but maybe soon. Another app, Aloft, appears to allow up to 24hrs in the request. Why one would need a 24 hr clearance is a mystery, though.

Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000