DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lesson learned.

Bryman

Reactions
I went out to the local park where I fly often. I was flying my MP in and around many huge trees when it happened. I lost connection and forgot to disable RTH. My Mavic flew straight up into a really big cypress tree. Leaves were flying like they just got attacked by a angry weed eater. My Mavic did about 10 vertical flips as it hacked its way all the way thru this enormous tree. My heart was pounding [emoji176] as it unbelievably made its way to the 98' RTH elevation. As it started to descend I noticed it wasn't coming down in a straight line. One of the props was cracked and caused it to come down at an angle right back in another tree. It chopped and flipped its way back thru this tree until somehow I was able to safely land. WHEW!!! I was scared to look at the carnage that was left and to my surprise [emoji15] .... only damage was 1 cracked prop. I can't believe the gimble held up. After changing all the props I took off with no problems. I have been flying my Mavic for about 7 months without any incidents. I just wanted to tell my story hoping someone else doesn't make the same mistake as I did. Fortunately I got very lucky. I wish I was videoing when this happened so you could see how severe this looked [emoji16] . Just remember to turn off RTH or set to hover if you are flying under obstacles. Happy flying my friends [emoji28]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake