DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let's Play: Spot The Fake

Montypaks

Reactions
Can you guys identify fake props just by looking?

Which ones are fake? The gold or the silver?
1521455765286.jpg

The gold prop is the fake.

Answer?

Did you tell because of the gold paintings boundaries, linear where the white ones are a bit curved?

That along with the difference in the rivets.

I could tell due to the punch hole in the rivets. Gold is fake.

Wow cool! You're both correct. I actually think a lot of folks using the MP with low noise props are unknowingly using fake ones... Or should I say aftermarket ones.

Performance wise, I'll be performing a test soon. But one thing tho... The Fake ones hover at about 510rpm... The original low noise hover at about 525rpm whilst the standard props hover at 580rpm...

Interesting! Does that mean the fakes will potentially offer battery savings? Also, they are made by Sunnylife who make some good drone accessories... So they are good quality fakes...

Wow cool! You're both correct. I actually think a lot of folks using the MP with low noise props are unknowingly using fake ones... Or should I say aftermarket ones.

Performance wise, I'll be performing a test soon. But one thing tho... The Fake ones hover at about 510rpm... The original low noise hover at about 525rpm whilst the standard props hover at 580rpm...

Interesting! Does that mean the fakes will potentially offer battery savings? Also, they are made by Sunnylife who make some good drone accessories... So they are good quality fakes...

I threw some good (but not a lot) of money away on some fake props, and can't use them, shakes the hell out of my gimbal, and that's even after turning the gain down on them. Learned a $10 lesson.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters